Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Veterans Affairs Claim Question

Rate this question

truck905

Question

I received my brown package the other day and it seems that VA is requesting dates and events that lead up to my PTSD in service. I have to appoints (C&P) next week PTSD that says TEST and Eval. Today i'm going to one that says medicine...The packet simply denied one of my claims out of 7 which one being PTSD. On my OSA I had several Lay statements from fellow soldiers with one being a medic that work in the hospital. Then I other claims that was less stronger than mines that I highlighted strong points that I had. On my High blood pressure they sent me for C&P and blood pressure was 153/112, 143/107 and 163/112. Loss use of limb by taking high BP meds and taking the purple pill. At 1st they had it as a special Compensation and not part of rating...Dr ask a few questions and I think it went through. Confused why they didnt address the full claim?

Thanks for any reply

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Truck,

Thanks for the quick response, I guess $87 will pay for my ED and Lost Left Testicle in Afghanistan.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

occasionally the VA will send out stress incident reports to be re-submitted by the veteran. Please don't blow that form off, your claim will be denied.

A couple of things are going on; you have a fairly young/new individual who is reviewing your claim for PTSD and they need clarification on your incidents; your stressor incidents lack information and they are unable to be confirmed. When you complete the form that they provided, ensure that you provide dates, times, locations and those individuals that are involved/witnessed the incident. If an individual was killed, provide his/her information (the best you can).

When doing this form make sure you cover the Who, What, Where, When, Why and How.

your pay for ED (SMC K) should be 105.00

Edited by meghp0405

"I WILL BE ON LOOK OUT FOR THE FORM FROM VA" Thanks for all reply....Just logged into ebennie today to find out that they have denied my claims on 7/7/13 and they just posted this information. They said that they never received any new information but they signed for 32 pages of new information on 6/23/13 Inside of the packet was medical records from hospital that they never had showing chest pains and headaches. The funny part about this is that I just had my C&P appt on 19 Dec 13 concerning chest pains and headaches.

My sleep Apnea C&P was claiming sleep apnea as a secondary to hypertension. The Dr. bluntly said no but said OSA can cause hypertension. No other questions or test as listed in my claim of OSA. All the evidence is there. DAV is suppose to be my rep but it's time to FIRE THEM. They haven't sent me anything. They haven't addressed my hypertension,Erectile dysfunction, Asthma and PTSD is pending. Do I need to wait until everything is done to file an appeal to go to DC? :unsure:

wait until you receive your rating decision in the mail. That is considered your official word. Take the time to obtain medical documentation, doctors statements that will rebut what your rating decision will tell you. Then, submit your NOD.

Your RD will list all the documentation they used to adjudicate your claim. If those 32 pages of documents are not listed, send them in with your NOD.

You have a year from the date on your RD to submit a NOD, so don't feel that you have to do it right away. make sure your NOD is complete before you send it. If it is also denied at the BVA, it gets tougher and tougher not including the length of time..