Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Records?

Rate this question

sbrewer

Question

Hi,

My husband wants to know....When a Vet gets a copy of his records from Release Of Information, does

that print out contain all that's in the Vets medical records? Or, is

there some information that the VA does not Release?

Thanks,

sbrewer

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If he specifically requested ALL of his records, and filled out a FOIA release, then, in theory, he should get ALL of his records. Problem with that is this: The VA doesn't have the foggiest IDEA what ALL records that they actually HAVE, on you, him, her, me..............NO IDEA!

For example: I called the Appeals Management Center, three different times in the same week, asking them if they had received my Social Security Records. I received three different answers:

1. We didn't request no Social Security records for you.

2. We ain't 'spose to git no Social records for you.

3. We got ALL your records. Even my Social Security records? I done tole you, we got all your records.

???????

yeah, they have all my records, and pigs fly..........................just sayin

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

In 1991 Service Medical Records were different than what was in C File. Just a hint. I sent a form to St Louis and got all my Service Records.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is no end to the fine Medical Care I have gotten from VA according to my Medical Records and the problem is most of it I did not know a thing about. You would be surprised how many Docs will say they deferred a procedure because the patient refused and nothing ever said to the patient.

Everyone should review their records regularly.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Pete,

I agree about looking at your medical records. My husband had a C & P exam and there was absolutely nothing in it that was correct. The examiner used my husbands psychiatrist name and said that he was a urologist from the urology department. He stated that she was a he. He stated that my husband had a prostrate problem that he had been seen in the urology department about. My husband doesn't have a prostrate problem and has never even been treated in the urology department. If he does, someone better be treating him for it. I could go on and on about this report as far as the inadequacies of it goes.

A lot of this holds true for his normal exams as well. So much is put into those reports that is inadequate. You sometimes wonder if when they are writing the report on you if they are not looking at another veterans file.

You are correct that you should get a copy of your reports right after your visits to see what they write in them. After all, if you need to file a claim, this incorrect information can be used in deciding your claim.

mssoup1