Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Is Best Way To Request Secondary Compensation

Rate this question

toddt

Question

Was granted 30% for scar as a result of surgery for adenocycstic carcinoma. Surgery was radical neck dissection - which left me with limited range of motion of my right arm (due to shoulder muscles being removed). Attempted to bring this up at my C&P exam but the doctor didn't do anything about it.

Can I request another C&P exam for limited motion? If so, how would that request be made? Or,

do I need to appeal via a NOD stating that the doctor should have tested me for range of motion?

At the bottom of all your posts:

I am not an attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is strictly my humble opinion

therefore not to be held out for liable.

Thanks - I understand : -)

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

<<<<<I am thinking even a reconsideration request might work...might..... unless VA decides to respond to that ,and appears to be working on the recon request ,while they really intend to piss away the NOD deadline.>>>>

That Motion for Recon is hollow now. They'll perform the dance for you, Berta, but I agree it will be an attempt to run out the clock.Everything is being compartmentalized into NODs via the new 958s. They want fewer in-boxes at the ROs. Eventually, it will be only FDCs, regular e-filings, neanderthal paper attempts with the 526 E-Z frequent filer ID # and Administrative Reviews based on screwups identified early on by IRIS complaints.

Look at Dixon v. Shinseki that came out yesterday at the Fed. Circus. RO Denver is just the tip of the iceberg for screwing Vets. They want us to fail. Indifference is the tool. It's a disease that permeates the system nationwide. It's not unique to any one VARO, either.

a

All I can say is that my request for reconsideration, which the VSO said would take six months, is finally in the rating phase almost ten months after filing. The one year deadline passed at the end of December, and I ultimately had to file a NOD to protect the original claim date and denied contentions. There are extenuating circumstances on the part of the RO (mandatory overtime and complete shift in focus to long overdue claims...which meant that my new claim took a back burner), but given that it took approx four months to compile N&ME from five doctors, there's no way it could have been submitted earlier to give them a better shot at making the year deadline. In retrospect, I should have filed a NOD rather than the request for reconsideration.