Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Form 10-5345 Request From Va

Rate this question

Navywife55

Question

We got this form (10-5345) in the mail the other day, the request is asking for medical records related to drug/alcohol abuse. It is requesting clinical documentation supporting the need for past, present, future encounters from our private insurance.

In the purpose for request:

Establish medical necessity and for billing purpose.

My husband has been going to the VA for over 15 years and we have not gotten this type request before. Does this request have anything to do with the ptsd claim?

Thanks for any information

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

I would suggest calling the Fee Basis office at your VA hospital for clarification. This form is normally used for outside agencies requesting medical documentation from the VA. Social Security Administration uses this form...

No he is not service connected as of yet, the claim is still in the gathering phase. A friend told me their husband got the same form requesting different documentation, when their claim was filed. She thought the info was used to reimburse them for care. I was just wondering if others had the same experience.

Thanks so much.

I have seen this before, where Veterans have a claim in for PTSD, and they inform the Examiner that they were or are dependent on alcohol or drugs, or the Examiner notes that in record it states that veteran was addicted and seeked help at one point. The VA requested that I provide them with my Mental Health Records from a Civilian Mental Hospital I was in 2012 in New Orleans. I paid $25 and received my Records about 2 weeks later and gave copies to the VA. You should be fine