Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Old Claims Can Someone Help?

Rate this question

leadbelly1981

Question

Hi I served three years in the Army from 2000-03 as a 11c with an honorable discharge. I ets from camp casey korea and had filled a claim during my exit exam for my left knee and left shoulder. Both were approved for tendonitis and i was rated at 20 %. At the time of my exam i also complained of lower back and hip pain on my left side. I belived it was due to my left knee. We were road marching and running a lot in korea, thats what the infantry does. In 2004 when i got my 20% rating for my knee and shoulder the claim for lower back and hip pain were deferred.Fast forward in jan 2013 i went to the county vso and had them help me file for an increase for my shoulder it has continually gotten worse. The claim took a year and at the end i was granted 30%. The weird thing is when i received my rating in the mail the old claims were addressed stating we see that your claims for lower back pain and hip pain in nov 2003 are unresolved, sorry for any inconvenience. Online on e benefits the claims for lower back pain and left hip pain just appeared one day and are in administrative review. Also online the claim date Changed now to 2013 instead of 2003. My question is what do i make of this what do i do?

Edited by leadbelly1981

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

This claim was filed in September 2003 prior to my ets. I do not see anything in my smr but i can tell you i believe it has to do with my knee and was also aggravated by my service i had no back or hip pain prior to my enlistment. Im a driver now and need to change my job sooner than later because it is causibg me pain shifting gears my hip clicks and pops. When you ets they ask you or have you write down any medical compain that is when i expressed my complaint. Thank you for your input i feel lost but you are sheding lots of light.

The VA should have a copy, you need to send in a request. You can also call the 1800# and request a copy of your C-file that should include that C&P exam. Good luck!