VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Here.. Confused. Ptsd. Claim.

Rate this question

WaStvet

Question

PTSD claim. No clue what to expect fron here..

I put in a claim last may and did the C&P last month in Feb. Sent in a stressor letter and another letter letting them know how ptsd affects me. So my vet rep said, "now we wait" so I tried asking what that meant and he just said wait til they write you.. this is where im confused is that it? Another thing I was wondering was how ebenefits is used? How do I sign up to check?

Thanks so much in advance ive never posted but you guys/gals seem to know alot glad I ran into this site. Semper Fi

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Just go on to the Ebenefits site and sign up. It will take a few weeks to get a log on. Get a copy of your C&P report from the VA where you had it, or set up an account on MyHealthEVet, you can google the site, and on there you will be able to download the report. If you get a copy of the Report and put on here, then we will be able to give you a better educational guess, as to whether you will get SC, and what your % might be. Good luck and keep us posted

Semper Fi WaStvet. It's a waiting game for sure brother, you've done all you can do at this point. The wait usually isn't to aweful long after the C&P is completed. Good Luck to ya.

Hey yall

so I went into the VA clinic a couple days ago to turn in my form in order to see the Psychologist's notes from C&P on healtheVet. Yesterday the claim on Ebenefit was on Gathering Information.. and I looked this morning and saw it as Preparing for Decision. Im assuming this is good news? Up to this point its been 9 Months since I started my claim & began seeing a counselor at the local Vet Center.. I wish I had gone in years ago, but leave it to a Marine combat Vet to screw $hi+ up before realizing there was a problem. Relationships, legal issues, fist fights.. etc. (Not Proud of any of it).

Hey yall

...I wish I had gone in years ago, but leave it to a Marine combat Vet to screw $hi+ up before realizing there was a problem. Relationships, legal issues, fist fights.. etc. (Not Proud of any of it).

WaStvet,

As my wife told me when I said the same thing, "You can't change the past, you just got to get on with the future." Good luck!

WaStvet-welcome devil. eBenefits is nice to track your claim. MyHealthevet falls sort of within it or under it. This is very useful for reordering meds, logging your own health (an aread where you can input your info) and "BLUE button". The blue button, when granted a higher level access by the VA, you can get your med notes, save them, print them. there is a 3 day hold on most recent stuff, but is extremely useful. You need to ask at the VA, who handles the security elevation so you can have access to it. You show ID and the guy sets you up. You also can send secure message email to your doctors. this can be useful especially if you cant make an appt and dont want to play the calling game of trying to get a hold of anyone.

I hope you find the inner peace you may be looking for

semper fi