Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Pay?

Rate this question

usdart

Question

Does anyone know about how long after your Claim Closes you can expect the back pay check.?

My Claim closed monday.

I am guessing the monthly deposit will start the first of next month.

I'll tell you where I'm at...Part of my claim closed Saturday. Yesterday, (Tuesday afternoon) I had a few minutes at the office so I called Peggy. Got the 25 minute call back, but she said that my backpay deposit was sent out Monday morning. I called US Bank, but they have no pending ACH payment...SO...I'm guessing it could hit literally any minute.

If it isn't in by Friday, I will probably call Peggy again and see what answer they give me this time, LOL!

Some guys say that they get back pay fast, and others have had to wait a while. I think that it depends on how much the Retro is, because the more the Retro is, the more big wigs have to sign off on it. Good luck and keep us posted

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Some guys say that they get back pay fast, and others have had to wait a while. I think that it depends on how much the Retro is, because the more the Retro is, the more big wigs have to sign off on it. Good luck and keep us posted

i got mine like 3 or 4 days after my claim was approved. and it was a five figure check.

Yeah that a way to go my friend. Nothing like Christmas in March. My birthday is next week, I must have brought you good luck, LOL!. I finally went to SSA office yesterday, and my Wife was approved as my Payee, and she added my Two Daughters so starting in May I will get $2100 from SSDI. You deserve every penny bud, I know the road has been long for you. God Bless!

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Now if you were retired, it might have taken longer. If you're retired and aren't serviced by DFAS like those of us from the Coast Guard, NOAA Corps, and now PHS, it could take even longer still.

I'm covered by CRDP and am waiting to see what happens now that the pay systems are supposedly separated.