Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approval Of Ssdi

Rate this topic

hogchick

Hogchick and ncjoe1970,

I actually filed my SSDI clam in April 2012 but I hadn't worked since September 26, 2009. I filed once before in January 2010 but, I didn't provide the medical evidence because I didn't want to believe that I could no longer work at the age of 38!! I was denied the first time so I got a lawyer for the reconsideration and was denied once again!! My hearing was August 7, 2013, I called the 800 number and was told that my case had moved really fast from hearing to decision to payment processing! My retropayment was deposited in my checking account on September 6, 2013!! and they paid me from a year before my filing date April 2011. They judge found me disable since October 2009. I didn't have to wait the 5 months to get my first payment because I was disable since 10/09. If the judge found you disable November 2013, you would have to wait until after March 2014(5months) to be eligible for April 2014 and you would receive your payment for April in May. You will receive your payment on a Wednesday, which Wednesday depends on your birthday. The 1st thru the 10th is the 2nd week of the month. The 11th thru the 20th is he 3rd week of the month, and the 21st thru the 31st is the 4th Wednesday of the month. I don't understand why if you filed in September they didn't fine you disabled until November unless you or whoever told you meant 2012 instead of 2013, or unless your last day of work wasy October 31, 2013???...

Shyne-I

I got my letter from the judge on my SSDI. Fully favorable, dated 03/13/14. He awarded to 03/01/11, the last day I worked. Didn't list the amount per month, but my last Social Security statement listed it at $1896 a month. Set-up my direct deposit, and now await.

Thanks for the info Shyne-l

My last date of employment was June 2010. I filed Sept 2013 they found me disabled Nov 2013. This is just sooo confusing!!!!!

SSDI will hold the first 6 months, meaning if they found you disabled Nov 2013, it will be May 2014 before you're eligible for your first payment. My disability began years ago, just like Shyne-l, but I just won my case, so even with holding the initial 6 months, I have years of back pay coming. Make more sense ?

Edited by ncjoe1970

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use