Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Meds

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

Hello everyone, hopefully this post will make sense I have a tendency to go off topic and ramble. After speaking to a fellow vet and reading some stories here I have been assigned a Team to help me cope with my issues. I have a social worker, primary care provider, and a psych. I also see a counselor at the vet center. When I first came here a few weeks ago I had none of these. So I think people are trying to help me but I am always suspicious. So today the social worker called me and said that the psych had an opening and could see me. He gave me some meds I was wondering if you guys have any experiences with.

Prazosin 5MG

Trazodone 100MG

Sertraline 50 MG

Propantheline Bromide 15MG

Please let me know what you guys think. How should I proceed? I don't want to be a zombie or become worse than I currently am.

Hello everyone, hopefully this post will make sense I have a tendency to go off topic and ramble. After speaking to a fellow vet and reading some stories here I have been assigned a Team to help me cope with my issues. I have a social worker, primary care provider, and a psych. I also see a counselor at the vet center. When I first came here a few weeks ago I had none of these. So I think people are trying to help me but I am always suspicious. So today the social worker called me and said that the psych had an opening and could see me. He gave me some meds I was wondering if you guys have any experiences with.

Prazosin 5MG

Trazodone 100MG

Sertraline 50 MG

Propantheline Bromide 15MG

Please let me know what you guys think. How should I proceed? I don't want to be a zombie or become worse than I currently am.

Welcome.

Im a big fan of the Vet Centers for therapy.

The MH peeps at the VAMC's are mainly for medication.

Trazadone for me - I took it about 3 years - knocks you on your butt and every

3-6 months they raised my dosage until I got to 900MG each night, I think it helped me gain about

30 pounds.

Hang in there.

Thanks for your reply Carlie. Did you have any weird side effects other than the weight gain? Do you regret taking it now?

I feel that the first 6 months of Trazadone actually intensified my nightmares.

That was until they raised the dose enough to make me feel like a zombie.

No I do not regret taking it - I was quite suicidal during that time.

I feel I am on much better drugs for me, for now.

Seroquel, Remeron and Clonazepam.

My case manager has referred me to a social worker who I am now seeing every week. She has given me homework. I have to write about how the traumatic experience makes me feel. Anyone have experience with this type of treatment?

My case manager has referred me to a social worker who I am now seeing every week. She has given me homework. I have to write about how the traumatic experience makes me feel. Anyone have experience with this type of treatment?

I did not personally do well with that type of therapy.

My very best help has come from my PsyD at my local Vet Center.

Are you still going to your Vet Center ?