Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Status

Rate this question

Kray

Question

Yesterday, April 10 my claim went from "Gathering of Evidence" to "Preparation for Decision", Development Letter Sent. On April 2, I had my C & P. What does this mean and why was a letter sent? I checked A8 and no change in my status. Any ideas? My claim was started on April 30, 2013.

Thanks

Ken

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I felt the C & P went well. I went to the ROI section at the VA center to get certified for MyHealth site and while there I had them give me a copy of the C & P. They printed it and put it in a nice envelope. I attempted MyHealthVet but did not find the results.

Ken

My current condition for the C & P is secondary to my rated condition as stated by my Doctor, so I do not know what to expect for sure. Time will tell.

I was concerned about the letter that they are sending and what they might want. Something was stated that the waiver was missing on eBenefits. Guess I will find out next week.

Ken

It's hard to tell because the development letter could really be almost anything.

If you have that 5013 waiver request showing on eBenefits, I know some other folks on here have called the 800-number I got that resolved over the phone. Maybe give them a call real quick this evening before they close and head out for the weekend!

It is already after six here so too late today. What is the 800 number and what do you select after connecting.

I think I have sent the waiver on two occasions. I will check my records.

Thank you for your concern and help.

Ken