Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependency Claim Woes

Rate this question

reddingca

Question

I received my initial response back 14 months ago and got awarded 70%. I immediately noticed the paperwork had me listed as unmarried with one dependent and I submitted for married with 3 dependents with all the proper marriage certs, birth certs, prior marriage info and forms required. It's now been 14 months and my dependency claim is sitting at claim received with absolutely nothing done. Multiple phone calls and emails all land me with the same prescripted response of your claim is currently in the works and dependency claims are currently taking xx number of months. The number changed from 8 months to 12 months recently. It is absolutely ridiculous and unsatisfactory that a simple dependency change is still sitting untouched for over a year now with nothing done. This claim was sent by mail in February 2014. I also tried to do one right on eBenefits in June 2012 and I got excited last month when they moved that one to claims completed. When I called I was promptly disappointed to find out they had only moved it because it was a duplicate claim and still nothing has been done on the claim.

: This is ridiculous, 4 years, come on! Plus they want to short change me by two years, imagine that! These people should be fired, and replaced with all Veterans, because they would get the job done.

Good luck, and lets just be patient, and hopefully we'll hear some good news soon.

same boat they denied me for a claim i filed nod then they approved me 3 years later and would only go back one year not to the original start of the claim i current hava NOD for a earlier effective start date with buddy letters and all and it has been over a year and 3 months so far waiting to receive a decision so frigging frustrating i had requested a supervisors responce and was told i would get a call or a letter in 10 days 2 months later i called back and they said well not sure what happened still waiting