Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

When Do Claims Show Up On Ebenefits?

Rate this question

kate7772

Question

My husband filed for reconsideration several weeks ago. This was through DAV and the Cleveland VA. We got notice from the DAV that it had been filed and sent to VA. Shouldn't the claim be listed on eBenefits by now or do reconsiderations not show up there?

Thanks,

Kate

All Veterans benefits need to be recognized as an irrefutable OBLIGATION of the United States Government, I consider that a higher level than entitlement.

So long as we are considered welfare recepients by ANY group we will continue to be treated with less than the full respect deserved.

It can be argued that the VA is not understaffed and overworked. MANAGEMENT(administrative branch) has not adapted to the current realities and the Board of Directors (congress) hasn't updated the long range plan.

Why is it the current administration can demand BP pay damadge claims during the gulf oil spill on less evidence within 90 days(that they had no legal basis to require or demand that), but will not direct the Secretary to take extraordinary measures to clear the primary claims and appeals backlogs.

How is it the current administration can grant blanket amnesty to illegals (which they do not have legal justification for), but will not make quick common sense approvals for veterans claims, which they do have the legal authority to do? The VA secretary with the stroke of a pen could fix this with no needed change to law, but he won't. Read the statute, his discretion is immense.

As for your DAV representation, just how are they getting a "reconsideration" at the RO level? There is no reconsideration at the RO level, it is ultimately a request to re-open with new evidence on a claim that is not final.

As for when will it show up on ebenefits? that will happen when it happens, they are under no statutory requirement to list stuff in eBenefits.

Best regards,

It can take up to 30 days to show on ebenefits because on the priority list of the VA is working the claims first, and updating Ebenefits 2nd. So long as we are considered welfare recipients by uber-Conservatives that continue salivating to cut the VA budget, they will remain understaffed and overworked.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Considering that this administration has deported more nonresidents per year than priors did, I don't really know what to tell you.

As for the rest, well, I see it all the time in NE, where people (including our state and DC reps) continually attempt to either cut health care access, disability benefits, right along with everything else 'welfare' related. I work with local veterans and help them with claim filings and I can say that at the local level I see many that feel entitled to benefits they really have no reason to receive, much less apply for-yet its not my job to look at those determinations. I just help file the paperwork. How much of a stretch it is is not on me. With fewer of these types of claims, however, and better assessment at the exit physical, some of this could be caught at the service level and dealt with appropriately by the DOD.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

What does deportations have to do with granting mass amnesty that there is not a legal basis for, while the VA Secretary refuses to use the entire authority of his office to fix the backlog?

This thread is getting to political and I am partially to blame for that, but I took the bait on "we are considered welfare recipients by uber-Conservatives that continue salivating to cut the VA budget" which is a straw man argument.

Brokensoldier were going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Best regards,