VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Final Review

Rate this topic

krbkwb02

Hey all, they told me today that I am in final review. I have been waiting on a request to correct an error in a ratings decision and relooking an old issue that according to Title 38 I should have been granted way back in 2000. How much longer should it take and I was always under the impression that a final review means large retro? Anyone know? Thanks all!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A final review means nothing regarding any potential positive outcome of your claim-

I suggest when you call 800# ask them what the COVERS screen shows or send them an Inquery via the VA web site-

Then again- there may be nothing they can add at this point-

It sounds to me like you sent in a CUE claim on a past decision?

Or you questioned a error in a DC or rating percentage in an active claim that you re-opened?

I have what you could say 'final review' with VARO activity throughout Jan 2006.The claim had been there for 3 years. Then on July 14th I got letter that said my claim was sent to the BVA! So much for the Review-they ddnt read any of my evidence AGAIN-

I was stunned and requested an immediate Remand from the BVA- I contacted the BVA myself--violations of VA rights as a claimant-

Apparently per the BVA email I got yesterday =my was claim was remanded on Friday-

and I await confirmation and now my medical evidence will finally be read.

Edited by Berta