Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Lorazepam(Ativan) Help

Rate this topic

I been dealing with hyperhidrosis ever since the military. I just want to know if lorazepam can help with the sweating, puddles of sweat, when I try to go to the store with my wife and son. I've never addressed this with the VA because of how long it takes to get seen, and the 3 responses I get when I am seen.

1. Lose some weight

2. You have severe anxiety

3. got to see a dermatologist, weeks waiting, then canceled, I give up

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever get back in, ask for a Rx of 30 pills @2mg each. You can cut them to ones and get 60 days out of the experiment.

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Sorry, i forgot. I'm on lorazepam, 1mg 3 times a day. I was wondering if it does help with sweating. Getting into the dermatomes is a pain, and i'm looking for other solutions or aids.

sometimes a zinc deficit can cause severe sweating. have them check your zinc levels. you might try some supplements from a vitamin store and see if it helps .

I sweat my whole life, and know how embarrasing it can be. People think your up to something , or hiding something, but some people just sweat alot., Some people sweat from thier upper lip like crazy, some dont, some under the arms, some dont. some sweat on thier backs. some like me from the forehead.

Hopefully its not anything serious.