Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Kind Of Nervous

Rate this question

Tela

Question

I was awarded 50% for MDD back in March. I was already at 30% for both knees. But because they never added the bilateral factor, I was awarded 60% instead of 70%. (50%, 20% RK, 10% LK). I was told this would be fixed along with my IU claim I filed on 4-17-14. Well I checked Ebennies and my claimed went from Under Review to Prep for Decision. I went to visit my VSO to confirm the movement and he said it was legit and my claim should be finished within 2 months. This makes me nervous because I filed this as a regular claim and not a FDC. Should I be concerned my claimed skipped a few stages and is moving this fast?

Some cases can be closed without the need of C&P if all the medical evidence is there and provides the rater with enough evidence to approve and rate the case.

Though it is more common for claims to have C&P's so the examiner can asses how the in service conditin is currently affecting you.

John,

I know how you feel bud. I submitted an FDC Sep 13 and it did not move much for 6 months, then I had my C&Ps in Feb 14 and Claim completed in Apr 14. It was suppose to be based on DBQs and what happened, ending up with 7 C&Ps. I submitted a new FDC a few weeks ago, to reopen 5 conditions the VA denied while I was active, and claimed to new conditions. My right knee was denied for the two surgeries, yet granted 10% as a new condition listed as Painful Motion, the VA worded this, not what I had applied for. So know I am going for both knees and we will see if they grant the bilateral factor. My question is the VA Chiro Doc said that I have flat feet and that is what has aggravated my knee, bones and back issues. When my current FDC is done, hopefully by the end of the year, should I apply for Flat Feel. I guy that worked for me retired last year, and he was granted pretty good % for flat feet, and back issues due to the flat feet. Sorry for imposing on this post guys, I just wanted to ask the quick question. God bless and keep us posted with the Knee issues bud.

John,

I know how you feel bud. I submitted an FDC Sep 13 and it did not move much for 6 months, then I had my C&Ps in Feb 14 and Claim completed in Apr 14. It was suppose to be based on DBQs and what happened, ending up with 7 C&Ps. I submitted a new FDC a few weeks ago, to reopen 5 conditions the VA denied while I was active, and claimed to new conditions. My right knee was denied for the two surgeries, yet granted 10% as a new condition listed as Painful Motion, the VA worded this, not what I had applied for. So know I am going for both knees and we will see if they grant the bilateral factor. My question is the VA Chiro Doc said that I have flat feet and that is what has aggravated my knee, bones and back issues. When my current FDC is done, hopefully by the end of the year, should I apply for Flat Feel. I guy that worked for me retired last year, and he was granted pretty good % for flat feet, and back issues due to the flat feet. Sorry for imposing on this post guys, I just wanted to ask the quick question. God bless and keep us posted with the Knee issues bud.

Well if you have a clear nexus between the two then go ahead an file.