• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnostic Code 7626

Rate this question

Reddit

Question

Good morning Hadit friends,

Can some one please explained Diagnostic code 7626 Note 4,

Can you please tell me do Bilateral Breast Reduction qualify for this.

Citation Nr: 1301259

The Veteran's bilateral breast reduction resulted in removal of 854 grams of tissue from the right breast and 792 grams of tissue from the left breast. She has competently testified that her bra size changed from 38DD to 38B. Such findings reflect a significant alteration of size of the Veteran's breasts.

CONCLUSION OF LAW

The criteria for an initial 50 percent rating for bilateral breast reduction have been met. 38 U.S.C.A. §§ 1155, 5103(a), 5103A, 5107(b) (West 2002); 38 C.F.R. §§ 3.102, 3.159, 3.321(b)(1), 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.6, 4.7, 4.84, 4.116, Diagnostic Code (DC) 7626 (2012).

Is this the same as a person diagnosis with:

Service treatment records reflect that I was evaluated in the plastic surgery clinic in September 1997, with a complaint of large breast. admitted to shoulder,chest and back pain and discomfort, especially during physical training. I was diagnosis with Bilateral Breast Hypertrophy. CMDR James stated that I was an acceptable candidate to undergo breast reduction.

is this the same or something else. can a person claim this .

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

Good morning Hadit friends,

Can some one please explained Diagnostic code 7626 Note 4,

Can you please tell me do Bilateral Breast Reduction qualify for this.

Citation Nr: 1301259

The Veteran's bilateral breast reduction resulted in removal of 854 grams of tissue from the right breast and 792 grams of tissue from the left breast. She has competently testified that her bra size changed from 38DD to 38B. Such findings reflect a significant alteration of size of the Veteran's breasts.

CONCLUSION OF LAW

The criteria for an initial 50 percent rating for bilateral breast reduction have been met. 38 U.S.C.A. §§ 1155, 5103(a), 5103A, 5107(b) (West 2002); 38 C.F.R. §§ 3.102, 3.159, 3.321(b)(1), 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.6, 4.7, 4.84, 4.116, Diagnostic Code (DC) 7626 (2012).

Is this the same as a person diagnosis with:

Service treatment records reflect that I was evaluated in the plastic surgery clinic in September 1997, with a complaint of large breast. admitted to shoulder,chest and back pain and discomfort, especially during physical training. I was diagnosis with Bilateral Breast Hypertrophy. CMDR James stated that I was an acceptable candidate to undergo breast reduction.

is this the same or something else. can a person claim this .

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm for from being female  and you may need to get help with this from a female veteran.

I looked this up   it maybe of some help (maybe)

Gynecological Conditions and Disorders of the Breast

§4.116   Schedule of ratings—gynecological conditions and disorders of the breast.

Rating
Note 1: Natural menopause, primary amenorrhea, and pregnancy and childbirth are not disabilities for rating purposes. Chronic residuals of medical or surgical complications of pregnancy may be disabilities for rating purposes. 
Note 2: When evaluating any claim involving loss or loss of use of one or more creative organs or anatomical loss of one or both breasts, refer to §3.350 of this chapter to determine whether the veteran may be entitled to special monthly compensation. Footnotes in the schedule indicate conditions which potentially establish entitlement to special monthly compensation; however, almost any condition in this section might, under certain circumstances, establish entitlement to special monthly compensation. 
7610   Vulva, disease or injury of (including vulvovaginitis). 
7611   Vagina, disease or injury of. 
7612   Cervix, disease or injury of. 
7613   Uterus, disease, injury, or adhesions of. 
7614   Fallopian tube, disease, injury, or adhesions of (including pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)). 
7615   Ovary, disease, injury, or adhesions of. 
General Rating Formula for Disease, Injury, or Adhesions of Female Reproductive Organs (diagnostic codes 7610 through 7615): 
Symptoms not controlled by continuous treatment30
Symptoms that require continuous treatment10
Symptoms that do not require continuous treatment0
7617   Uterus and both ovaries, removal of, complete: 
For three months after removal1100
Thereafter150
7618   Uterus, removal of, including corpus: 
Thereafter130
7619   Ovary, removal of: 
Thereafter: 
Complete removal of both ovaries130
Removal of one with or without partial removal of the other10
7620   Ovaries, atrophy of both, complete120
7621   Uterus, prolapse: 
Complete, through vagina and introitus50
Incomplete30
7622   Uterus, displacement of: 
With marked displacement and frequent or continuous menstrual disturbances30
With adhesions and irregular menstruation10
7623   Pregnancy, surgical complications of: 
With rectocele or cystocele50
With relaxation of perineum10
7624   Fistula, rectovaginal: 
Vaginal fecal leakage at least once a day requiring wearing of pad100
Vaginal fecal leakage four or more times per week, but less than daily, requiring wearing of pad60
Vaginal fecal leakage one to three times per week requiring wearing of pad30
Vaginal fecal leakage less than once a week10
Without leakage0
7625   Fistula, urethrovaginal: 
Multiple urethrovaginal fistulae100
Requiring the use of an appliance or the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed more than four times per day60
Requiring the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed two to four times per day40
Requiring the wearing of absorbent materials which must be changed less than two times per day20
7626   Breast, surgery of: 
Following radical mastectomy: 
Both180
One150
Following modified radical mastectomy: 
Both160
One140
Following simple mastectomy or wide local excision with significant alteration of size or form: 
Both150
One130
Following wide local excision without significant alteration of size or form: 
Both or one0
Note: For VA purposes: 
(1) Radical mastectomy means removal of the entire breast, underlying pectoral muscles, and regional lymph nodes up to the coracoclavicular ligament. 
(2) Modified radical mastectomy means removal of the entire breast and axillary lymph nodes (in continuity with the breast). Pectoral muscles are left intact. 
(3) Simple (or total) mastectomy means removal of all of the breast tissue, nipple, and a small portion of the overlying skin, but lymph nodes and muscles are left intact. 
(4) Wide local excision (including partial mastectomy, lumpectomy, tylectomy, segmentectomy, and quadrantectomy) means removal of a portion of the breast tissue. 
7627   Malignant neoplasms of gynecological system or breast100
Note: A rating of 100 percent shall continue beyond the cessation of any surgical, X-ray, antineoplastic chemotherapy or other therapeutic procedure. Six months after discontinuance of such treatment, the appropriate disability rating shall be determined by mandatory VA examination. Any change in evaluation based upon that or any subsequent examination shall be subject to the provisions of §3.105(e) of this chapter. If there has been no local recurrence or metastasis, rate on residuals. 
7628   Benign neoplasms of the gynecological system or breast. Rate according to impairment in function of the urinary or gynecological systems, or skin. 
7629   Endometriosis: 
Lesions involving bowel or bladder confirmed by laparoscopy, pelvic pain or heavy or irregular bleeding not controlled by treatment, and bowel or bladder symptoms50
Pelvic pain or heavy or irregular bleeding not controlled by treatment30
Pelvic pain or heavy or irregular bleeding requiring continuous treatment for control10
Note: Diagnosis of endometriosis must be substantiated by laparoscopy. 

1Review for entitlement to special monthly compensation under §3.350 of this chapter.

[60 FR 19855, Apr. 21, 1995, as amended at 67 FR 6874, Feb. 14, 2002; 67 FR 37695, May 30, 2002]

Good Luck!

..................Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

In the case citation that you've posted, the veteran underwent the breast reduction while in service. Did you have the recommended reduction done while on active duty? I'm just giving a layman's interpretation of what I'm reading here, but I believe that would ultimately be the fact under consideration for service connection.