VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I In For A Long Wait ?

Rate this question

devildog 71

Question

Hi All ;

just wondering if I'm in for a LONG wait , as I filed my initial sc claim for PTSD in June of this year - On 31- July '2006 - the VA sent me the VCAA forms and I had my American Legion VSO help me with them and sent in my stress letter as well - should I wait six months - or longer - to contact them if I haven't recoieved an appt for a C&P (or a Denial??) .

The disabilities I listed are PTSD (my GAF is currently 45) ; also Type 2 diabetes ; emphysema and hypertension - also on my MSR it is documented that I complained of thoughts of suicide (due to a friends death) ; loss of sleep ; coughing up blood , high blood pressur , etc...YET...at NO TIME did the military Dr address any of these - and only gave me TYLENOL - and he had the gall to write at the bottom of the MSR ,"Problems exisited prior to this tour of duty."

Now , (as I mentioned in my stress letter) - IF I had ANY of these PRIOR to enlistment , why were they not caught at my pre-enlistment physical / psych exam ??? - and IF they were , why was I accepted for military duty in the first place ???

Anyway - just 'throwing' this out , as it's all new to me. BTW , I served from '71 to '75 - Honorable Discharge. Viet-Nam era vet - but NO combat .

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Devil- the Med is a long way from Agent Orange-

I am curious as to how you are linking your Type II diabetes to your service.

Devil- the Med is a long way from Agent Orange-

I am curious as to how you are linking your Type II diabetes to your service.

Hi;

I AM NOT linking the diabetes as SC - ONLY - I REPEAT ONLY...the PTSD , but my VSO said it "never hurts" to list ALL of the medical conditions that you're being treated for - the PTSD (as diagnosed by the VA clinic) is a result of my friends death which took place while STILL IN SERVICE , hence I became depressed,suicidal,etc...ALL WHILE STILL ON ACTIVE DUTY - AND WHICH THE DR. DID PUT IN MY MSR PRIOR TO MY DISCHARGE (THE SAME DR THAT WROTE THESE PROBLEMS EXISTED PRIOR TO THIS TOUR OF DUTY)- YET NONE ARE NOTED ON MY ENTRANCE EXAMS. THAT'S WHEN THE DR IGNORED MY REQUESTS TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST / PSYCHOLOGIST AND ONLY GAVE ME TYLENOL FOR MY HYPERTENSION (WONDER WHERE HE GOT HIS MEDICl degree from , Huh ??)

Hope this clarifies it for you - thanks for any input....

Devildog-your VSO is right-

I thought maybe you felt you were exposed to AO in another geographical area-heck it was probably used around Military Base Headquarters and golf ranges all over the US of A to keep down the weeds.

Yes- a veteran should list every condition they have- because one never knows what could crop up.

I just didnt get what you meant and being a civ I almost thought you meant you were in the medic corps- the Med---USS Coronada---

AHHHH she is gorgeous! Check this out all-

http://www.coronado.navy.mil/