VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Heres A New Trick I Think

Rate this question

mos1833

Question

i got my phone turned off last month on the 15th for none payment.

on the 18th the va call my sister who is my emengercy contact.

they told her to tell me i had to reschedule a doctors appt. which they said was on the 16th.

so i called the clinic and ask what are you talking about,she said you were scheduled to see

your psychiatric doctor,i told her i did not have an appointment .

she said well you were a no show,on her computer.

i double checked my notes and i was right,next visit was still three months away.

it may be me, but i think its fishey they would try that.

she still set me up to see him on the 18th of this month.

i wonder how they knew my phone was disconnected.and set up a phony exam.

its just me.

thanks

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Every time VA cancels one of my appointment, it shows up that I cancelled it. Same thing happens when they reschedule. Maybe it's part of the scheduling shenanigans.

In the past I periodically checked medical appointments on the e-benefits web site. On at least three different occasions I discovered the VAMC had scheduled appointments for me but failed to call or send me a notice. I had not changed my address or telephone number. I would have missed the appointments if I had not checked the medical schedule on e-benefits.

• HadIt.com Elder

My VA psychiatrist changed our appointment to a time when I cannot make it. I called to reschedule and it is 45 days later. I would say that I need a private shrink paid for by the VA. I have never heard of a private shrink making someone wait 45 days for a rescheduled appointment. I did not miss the appointment. The shrink changed the time to very early in the morning and I have to drive 20 miles through rush hour traffic to get there plus I have sleep apnea. She knows this but it is just tough **&^ for me. All she does is push pills anyway. No therapy.

John