VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Failing Grade

Rate this question

yoshi

Question

What happens if you fail a class while attending VR&E? I'm supposed to graduate in December, but now I don't think so. I've never failed a course with VR&E in my 3.5 years in the program. Is there a law that regulates what happens if a Veteran fails the course, or is it up to the counselors descretion? If there's a law please post the appropriate code with your post. As of now, I don't see one.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

When I was in VRE I just took the class over again. Think there is a limit on now many times you can fail or withdraw though. Wouldn't worry to much about it. Just be courteous to your counselor and they may understand. Only difference is the following semester you wouldn't be getting paid full time but the class still should be paid for.

I'm concerned, but more disappointed at the fact I'm not graduating in December. And as for "just be courteous to your counselor?" Yeah right. I've already spoke to her supervisor, She tells her secretary NOT to print my travel voucher for a scheduled appointment. I'm currently writing a letter to my Congressman. She's clearly in violation of Federal laws. No one is above the law. There's other things too. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble, but Veterans REALLY need to start speaking out. It beats the alternative. I find it tiring that I'm the only one who stands up for what I believe in. Everyone else lets life wash over them like a tidal wave. So "the be courteous to your counselor" part isn't happening and I'm sure she's been itching for this day. I'll see her true colors, and thanks for the response.

Edited by yoshi

I spoke to the financial aid office. No change will happen. I spoke to the VA Rep and he said no problems. You're awarded 3 times in which VR&E should cover it. And I'd be willing to bet $100 my VA Counselor will say, "You're going to pay for that course." I'm telling you. If there is a devil, SHE'S IT! Otherwise, I will renig and not send my Senator's office a letter. It sucks I'm not graduating as intended. I was looking forward to making some real money for a change.

Edited by yoshi