Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

E-mail Address For Appeals Management Center

Rate this question

vaf

Question

The AMC doesn't have an IRIS system as does the VA, so I was wondering if anyone here has an e-mail address for the AMC.

Thank you!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Vicki,

The BVA told me to send all of my information to The Management Center by FAX. I have a copy that they received all the information and Pearl has told me that it is there.

I was told that they would not accept anything by Certified Mail.

Sure hope that I can trust her?

Josephine

Pearl is a very nice lady, and we consider ourselves lucky when she answers the phone, but normally we get the jerk I spoke about previously. However, on this topic, she is either mistaken or is being forced to tell you that as an AMC policy. I can tell you from personal experience that the AMC accepts certified mail, because I've sent it in the past and received the signed green card back.

We complained to them in that mailing about a situation some of you may remember I previously discussed here. The VA was using a software program that put my husband's overall rating at 90% when he should have been 100%. We compared his ratings to the Combined Ratings Table in 38 CFR, the only legal means of determining the overall disability percentage. He was one of those guys teetering on the brink between the lower and the higher rating. Anyway, we had written to Arnold Russo, the Appeal Management Center Director, complaining about this and cc'd our Congressional Representatives. We sent the complaint via certified mail, got the receipt.

We finally received a determination letter dated August 28th that corrected what the AMC called a "clerical" error on the Board's part nine months ago (which is baloney, it's the software, and we'll pursue that issue as we've always done). The AMC stated that "a special review of your file was mandated on August 28, 2006. Based on a review of the evidence listed below, we have made the following decisions on your claim."

They went on to list the certified letter plus the claims file. So, yes, they do accept certified mail.

• HadIt.com Elder
Pearl is a very nice lady, and we consider ourselves lucky when she answers the phone, but normally we get the jerk I spoke about previously. However, on this topic, she is either mistaken or is being forced to tell you that as an AMC policy. I can tell you from personal experience that the AMC accepts certified mail, because I've sent it in the past and received the signed green card back.

We complained to them in that mailing about a situation some of you may remember I previously discussed here. The VA was using a software program that put my husband's overall rating at 90% when he should have been 100%. We compared his ratings to the Combined Ratings Table in 38 CFR, the only legal means of determining the overall disability percentage. He was one of those guys teetering on the brink between the lower and the higher rating. Anyway, we had written to Arnold Russo, the Appeal Management Center Director, complaining about this and cc'd our Congressional Representatives. We sent the complaint via certified mail, got the receipt.

We finally received a determination letter dated August 28th that corrected what the AMC called a "clerical" error on the Board's part nine months ago (which is baloney, it's the software, and we'll pursue that issue as we've always done). The AMC stated that "a special review of your file was mandated on August 28, 2006. Based on a review of the evidence listed below, we have made the following decisions on your claim."

They went on to list the certified letter plus the claims file. So, yes, they do accept certified mail.

Vicki,

Thanks so much, I hope to hear from them soon and get this mess behind me.

Josephine