VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Looking For A Web-Site That Shows Where Any Heads Have Rolled

mos1833

i dont know who is calling the shots at the va.

but it seems that they got some body by the balls.

i also wonder how much they pay to lawyer's for cooking the books.

i wish i could find out if they made any of top dogs pay back there millions of dollars of bonus-s ?

dam,not even the F.B.I. will even try to weed the bastards out.

iam sorry notorious but i wanted to see heads roll.

thanks

oh, i thought ide get a lot of cooments, but i guess its just me thats pissed.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mos:

All of us are pissed! Having said that, many of us have seen this happen over and over again. But we just have to keep on keeping on. If you really want to understand why there is no VA accountability and never will be, just read on. Go to the source websites provided to confirm my accuracy. The Secretary of Veterans Affairs has complete legal authority to do almost anything regarding veterans and veterans' benefits. His decisions are final and for all practical purposes unappealable. He has a huge legal staff with complete legal authority to issue opinions with precedential weight that are for all practical purposes final and unappealable. Do you see a pattern here? Congress gave the Secretary and VA General Counsel all of that authority; and it was not by accident. Most of the VA related laws and regulations were designed and written into law during and just after World War II. The powers to be saw millions of veterans coming back from war with huge expectations of having a better life for them and their families as a just "reward" for having won the war. They also saw hundreds of thousands of damaged veterans who would require a life time of expensive treatment and compensation for disabilities resulting from their service; and that scared the shit out of them. The nation had enormous debts (120% of GDP) in 1945 and paying for damaged veterans was, and is, very expensive. The GI Bill was the only exception and turned out to be an economic force multiplier. The laws and regulations born of that post war fear, including the unchecked authority of the Secretary and his minions, are not only being used as a weapon AGAINST us today, but they also provide a shield for the corrupt SOBs that harm us--either by design or neglect. Every Congress and President, Rs and Ds alike, since have tweaked the system a little here and a little there, but left it basically intact.

This current scandal will blow over like all the rest have just as soon as the public loses interest-which won't be much longer.

Sorry mos, but this is the way I see it.

If you have any ideas on how we could change the situation, I would sincerely like to hear them.

Jim

http://uscode.regstoday.com/38USC_CHAPTER5.aspx#38USC512

Sec. 501. Rules and regulations

(a) The Secretary has authority to prescribe all rules and regulations which are necessary or appropriate to carry out the laws administered by the Department and are consistent with those laws, including -

(1) regulations with respect to the nature and extent of proof and evidence and the method of taking and furnishing them in order to establish the right to benefits under such laws;

(2) the forms of application by claimants under such laws;

(3) the methods of making investigations and medical examinations; and

(4) the manner and form of adjudications and awards.

(b) Any rule, regulation, guideline, or other published interpretation or order (and any amendment thereto) issued pursuant to the authority granted by this section or any other provision of this title shall contain citations to the particular section or sections of statutory law or other legal authority upon which such issuance is based. The citation to the authority shall appear immediately following each substantive provision of the issuance.

© In applying section 552(a)(1) of title 5 to the Department, the Secretary shall ensure that subparagraphs ©, (D), and (E) of that section are complied with, particularly with respect to opinions and interpretations of the General Counsel.

(d) The provisions of section 553 of title 5 shall apply, without regard to subsection (a)(2) of that section, to matters relating to loans, grants, or benefits under a law administered by the Secretary.

Sec. 502. Judicial review of rules and regulations

An action of the Secretary to which section 552(a)(1) or 553 of title 5 (or both) refers is subject to judicial review. Such review shall be in accordance with chapter 7 of title 5 and may be sought only in the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. However, if such review is sought in connection with an appeal brought under the provisions of chapter 72 of this title, the provisions of that chapter shall apply rather than the provisions of chapter 7 of title 5.

and this:

http://www.va.gov/ogc/

Office of General Counsel

The mission of the Office of General Counsel (OGC) is to identify and meet the legal needs of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). Its primary objective is to ensure the just and faithful execution of the laws, regulations and policies that the Secretary has responsibility for administering, and by so doing enable the Department to accomplish its mission of service to our Nation's veterans.

Acting General Counsel: Tammy Kennedy

The General Counsel of the Department of Veterans Affairs issues written legal opinions having precedential effect in adjudications and appeals involving veterans' benefits under laws administered by VA. The General Counsel's interpretations on legal matters, contained in such opinions, are conclusive as to all VA officials and employees not only in the matter at issue but also in future adjudications and appeals, in the absence of a change in controlling statute or regulation, Court decision, or a superseding written legal opinion of the General Counsel. VA provides these opinions in order to give the public notice of those interpretations of the General Counsel that must be followed in future benefit matters and to assist veterans' benefit claimants and their representatives in the prosecution of benefit claim.

thanks jim

i am not smart enough to do what i think should be done,but i think every claim denied.

( should have a public review before becoming final ) much like when they make changes to the laws.

thanks again for all the info.

simper fi

Although Congress ( to include the H VAC) is on their annual hiatus, the FBI had recently revealed that the 57 VAMCs under investigation by them due to the Phoenix situation,which I had posted about a few weeks ago,

has now grown to 69 VAMCs under investigation.

The FBI in DC told me my information I gave them would only be relevant if they investigate 2 VAMCs here in NY.

This came from their Public Relations officer. I questioned that with the H VAC Chairman in a letter.

The recent responses I have had under FOIA from the VA , and a few more to come, contain some of the evidence I needed to bolster my position and go far beyond 2 specific VAMCs.

I have seen a multitude of VA scandals over the past 30 years but this one is the worse one yet. And far from over.

Edited by Berta

berta i have said it before and i'll say it again ( you are best ) well there are many on hadit to name them all.

{ but }

no one has pointed me in the direction of where any of the basterds got fired,not quit,

have they justified all those bonuses, or took it back.

i think veterans needs to see a list of those charged with a crime, and arristed

i;am sorry for the rant berta ,but i got so excited thinking heads will roll now, but it seems like it never even happenmed.

thanks

I think,. once the investigations are over, that heads Will roll.

It is very difficult for the Fed Gov to fire it's employees. But there could be criminal charges pending,in the long run, against some of them.

I get this stuff almost everyday:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/health/2014/08/14/ex-iowa-doctor-accused-west-virginia-va/14041517/

This crap is the very essense of what I have been complaining about to the H VAC:

"The Carson family is suing the VA in federal court, contending that Finley bungled three abdominal surgeries on Asa Carson and failed to fix a correctable perforated colon.

Finley, 59, who used to practice at Mercy Medical Center in Des Moines, has denied wrongdoing. He continues to work at the VA hospital in Hunt­ington. He did not respond to requests this week for comment.

If current patients checked Finley's background on the West Virginia medical board's website, they would find no hint that he'd been in serious trouble in Des Moines. To find that information, they would have to know to look at Iowa records, or they would have to pay $9.95 to look on a national website."

Since 1151 claims have no accountability at all regarding the VA doctors who caused the negligence, and since many FTCA settlements never get reported ( by mandate) to the NPDB) (National Practitioners Data Bank) by the VA, thid allows VA to keep doctors who have been negligent and who can go on to harm or kill other veterans.

In the Carson case, it is pretty good how the VA put the spin on this doctor.

Investigative reporters are not letting this situation die either:
http://www.disabledveterans.org/2014/08/14/sharon-helman-earn-33-bonuses/

from CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/07/politics/va-apology/

Veterans and their survivors continue to inform news outlets of VA malpractice:
http://beta.mirror.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-08-12/va-awards-wrongful-death-settlement-local-family?v=1407895028

In part:
"Earlier this week, House Veterans Affairs Committee Chairman Jeff Miller accused the agency of "what appears to be an attempt to mislead Congress and the public" by manipulating its account of the number of deaths."

That was the exact point of my letter to Miller. They have definitely manipulated those figures.

I got proof of that recently under FOIA from the VA itself.

I also have FOIAed the FBI to see what VAMCs they are investigating.But I might not get any info at all on that.