VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Retroactive Pay

Rate this question

katik

Question

I just saw on e.benefits website that my recent claim to have my service connected disability to be increased was approved. I'm now rated at 100% starting 01 Sept 2014. Can anyone shed light on when I will see the retro pay in my bank account?

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

If this is your original claim then you will receive retro and it could take up to 4 weeks bud. If you were already SC and you just put in a claim to have your disabilities increased, then you will begin to get paid at the 100% rate but no retro.

Look at your documents on Ebenefits again and see if you misread the effective date. When you receive your official notification from the VA, check the effective date. If the date shown is not the 2013 effective date, send an inquiry to IRIS asking for an explanation.

Also, keep checking your direct deposit account to see if any retro shows up.

Another thought. Did you receive a C & P exam to determine if a rating increase was justified? Did you submit any evidence prior to your C & P exam supporting your request for an increase or was your increase based solely on your C & P exam? If no evidence was submitted prior to the C & P exam, the VA may have determined your effective date would be the first of the month following the month of your C & P exam.

Just my opinion.

March they sent me paperwork for me to make a statement. I filled everything out. I've been in the VA system for close to five years and always make my appts at my local VA health clinic. Yes, I had a C&P 14 Aug 2014.