Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Atlanta Va Health Care

Rate this question

RUREADY

Question

Hello everyone, is there anyone else having trouble with their health care, or dental care at Atlanta

VAMC or is it just me?. But today I got some results. I had a dental appt in 7-14 but first I had to prove

I was entitle to dental care I had to get a letter saying I was 100% p&T (2 doors from dental clinic) take a #

I did had an appointment in July 1,2014 I was told I would be call back in 3 weeks still have not been call

so today I went as a walk in just to find out why is was not yet call. After 30 minutes was told I was not eligible

because I was at 80% and I have to be 100%. So I ask what if I was 80% and TDIU and p&t plus why did I get

the first appointment if I was just 80%. This turn in to a big argument between her and I she even pulled the handbook

out and a VA memo so I ask for a supervisor and he look on computer and gave me the letter (again) for dental to make

appointment I took letter to dental and was ask when I want to be seen I said 9-15-14 or when ever so he give me a 11-14

appointment so I ask why you ask me when I want an appointment if you know there is none available until 11-14 his reply was

if I didn't have such a bad attitude I would have gotten it earlier and that what piss me off.

I file a complaint with patient ass butts then I got home and file a complaint with a web site The Project On Government Oversight (POGO)

About three pm got a call from dental saying they will send me to a private dentist and I would have 6-8 dentist to choose from

just pick the one I like and they will do all the work I just need to make my appointments. Thanks to who posted the POGO website

it work or it was just luck. Now if I could get private medical care at VA expense would be awesome out of Atlanta VAMC.

Its bad in Atlanta and I just move here. Anyone else having trouble or is it just me?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It is absurd ,as to what you went through!

I am SURE you are not alone.

The dental program and eligibility criteria is here:

http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/IB10-442_dental_benefits_for_veterans_2_14.pdf

If the VA doesn't know the regulations, I guess we need to carry them around with us sometimes,when we go to the VA.

Ridiculous.

http://www.pogo.org/

A very interesting site.

Cripes, the VA C & P docs are using medical info from Google to try to deny claimants so you would think these dopes you dealt with simply would have googled the above link ,if they didn't know the dental regs.

The 'handbook' they had might be outdated.Or maybe they cant read.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

and then they gets mad with you because you know the regulations better than them. I know I probably

get bash for this and its nothing about racism because I am a proud black man my self, but I think they

need to hire more whites for nurses and doctors everything at this VAMC is mostly blacks who are dumber

than me and they thinks it their VA medical center and not the vets. Dental clinic nurses hair notty as hell

all of them needs a hair make-over or something dan gone uniforms wrinkle as hell and all just having their fun

I don't like no dirty nurse or doctors in my mouth.jmho

It is absurd ,as to what you went through!

I am SURE you are not alone.

The dental program and eligibility criteria is here:

http://www.va.gov/healthbenefits/resources/publications/IB10-442_dental_benefits_for_veterans_2_14.pdf

If the VA doesn't know the regulations, I guess we need to carry them around with us sometimes,when we go to the VA.

Ridiculous.

http://www.pogo.org/

A very interesting site.

Cripes, the VA C & P docs are using medical info from Google to try to deny claimants so you would think these dopes you dealt with simply would have googled the above link ,if they didn't know the dental regs.

The 'handbook' they had might be outdated.Or maybe they cant read.

I am SURE you are not alone. Bertha it looks that way and today had an appointment with a new primary care

Dr and the first thing she says is she don't write narcotic or pain medicine but exercising and none narcotic pain meds

My reply to her was I don't need to see you anymore you want to treat chronic pain with what aspirin & exercise, yes

so I ask her to tell her supervisor that I don't need to see her anymore please send me to someone else. Anyway I may get

put out of VA health care but I will get some things right before they kill me or the other way around. I think I will use only private

doctors of my choice from here on in just glad to have Medicare to use I just have to pay my co-payments and it will be better

then to F around with these nuts. They are hiring more than ever nurses & doctors with some good benefits

but using low class young doctors that don't know any better and they can tell what to do. A five day work week for doctors and nurse

is not that bad.