Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Officially Pdrl From Navy Effective Today!

Rate this topic

Navy04

Received letter today from Navy making me officially switched from TDRL to PDRL. Letter states due to my Crohn's Disease being incurable and my PTSD listed as Chronic/Severe with no potential to improve in future, the Navy will list me as permanently retired. I guess it is a good day, my family will have Tricare for life along with Life Insurance and other benefits. I was 30 when the Navy medically retired me last year, and I guess this makes it official. Again, it sure is hard to accept being retired so young with such poor health. Man, I was as a strong, good looking boy, as the Old Folks say when I went into the Navy. Now, I depend on my Wife and kids to take care of me most days, don't really know what to think of that. Sorry I rambled on guys, thanks for all the kind words and support over the last year and a half. God Bless and hope you all have a good weekend

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

US VET,

You are not retired. You are now a veteran's advocate. You have a flexible work schedule and you are your own boss. You are using your time to help other veterans and their families by sharing your experiences, offering your advice, and offering your words of encouragement during the long drawn out claims process. Your pay is the satisfaction you get when one of the veterans you helped succeeds with their claim.

Don't ever retire from the patient advocate business. We need you in the fight.

Georgia,

Thank you very much for those kind, encouraging words. My new baby sister was born 2 months early and she is on her way home from the hospital now. It is such a beautiful yet terrifying thing, that she will come into a new scary world, and not know just how scary the world was yesterday. I am very grateful to be alive and have a beautiful family, it is just that some days I have so much rage towards the Govt that used me when I was at the Top, and threw me to the Curb when I was at my bottom. Health both Mental and Physical is so easy, yet so hard for me to understand at times. I don't want people to Pity me, but at the same time I do want to be able to fully understand my future as a disabled Vet too. Thanks again and I truly wish you a good weekend. Looks like fall might be finally coming.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

This site helps me thru my hard times most days. I love to log in on a Monday morning and hear about all the good news. I try to help other Vets as much as I can. Just wish I knew more, or was an Expert like Carlie and Berta. They make it look and sound so easy, Lol. I will never allow Vets to give up, as that is what the Govt wants. The more Vets give up and quit, the more money in the pocket of those Crooked Politicians.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus

10% Scars