VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flying Blind...

Rate this question

TravisO

Question

I’m about to hit the 18th month window and it was recommended that I start pulling all my medical information together to support disability screening. Keeping it simple
Left knee (2) surgeries MCL / Meniscus aches when cold, normal range of movement,
Left ankle (1) surgery reattached two tendons with anchor and a permanent screw to hold it together. Presently doing PT but I might have lost a minor range of movement.
Left wrist broken temp pin, very arthritic no other issues.
Was recently diagnosed with compression of the lower spine. Currently see a chiropractor / PT for it, it isn't getting better or worse it just is.
Official medical record has all of these issues documented. IE: X-rays, PT appointments, medical down chits. Yes all of these issues have happened while on active duty.
How much of an issue is it going to be getting these issues covered / reviewed?
Advice on the process… I am sure this is a common post but I’d like to have some idea of what I am about to get into.
Thank you.
Edited by TravisO

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

That a way bud, get on that Train now and document everything with the Navy. You document any condition you have know. Go get those IB Profen from the Base Clinic for your aches. I was just Medically Retired last year from the Navy, and I made sure everything was there. It will still be a challenge when you deal with the VA, but hopefully not as bad. Good luck and we are hear for you bud. I just got back from my C&Ps for Both Knees, R Shoulder and Back.