Jump to content
  • 0

What Do I Do



When I was deployed, I had a humvee accident, that led me to falling off and hitting my head on the ice ground.

I never told anyone about this incident because my seargent asked me not to, so its not in my medical records.

Ever since then, I've been acting wildly, and i was kicked out for abusing drugs. General discharge under honorable conditions

Within a year of leaving the army, i had a seizure and developed psychosis.

I was treated for the psychosis at the VA, but didn't realize I had a seizure then until a few months ago. I found my medical records for my seizure, and even contacted a a fellow soldier who witnessed the humvee accident

Can i still get my discharge changed to a medical? Do I have any just grounds?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

It is a long shot bud. Basically you would have to go back to the Military, let the Med Docs evaluate you there, then you would go thru a Med Board process and so on. I will tell you this bud. I am currently rated thru the VA for TBI, and I was Medically Retired from the Navy last year. Not for TBI though, I was retired for Crohn's and PTSD. So in my opinion, I think that it would be a very long shot bud. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good luck

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I think the advice from Notorious Kelly offers the only chance you have of service connecting your injuries.

Your situation is a perfect example of why military personnel should always seek treatment for medical problems and also get copies of their SMRs prior to discharge. Sounds like your Sergeant was trying to cover his butt rather than looking out for the best interest of his subordinates. He would fit right in as a VA employee. JMO

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • veteranscrisisline-badge-chat-1.gif

  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims


    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   


  • Advertisemnt

  • VA Watchdog

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

  • Create New...

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines