VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do I Do

Rate this question

bamberg82

Question

When I was deployed, I had a humvee accident, that led me to falling off and hitting my head on the ice ground.

I never told anyone about this incident because my seargent asked me not to, so its not in my medical records.

Ever since then, I've been acting wildly, and i was kicked out for abusing drugs. General discharge under honorable conditions

Within a year of leaving the army, i had a seizure and developed psychosis.

I was treated for the psychosis at the VA, but didn't realize I had a seizure then until a few months ago. I found my medical records for my seizure, and even contacted a a fellow soldier who witnessed the humvee accident

Can i still get my discharge changed to a medical? Do I have any just grounds?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It is a long shot bud. Basically you would have to go back to the Military, let the Med Docs evaluate you there, then you would go thru a Med Board process and so on. I will tell you this bud. I am currently rated thru the VA for TBI, and I was Medically Retired from the Navy last year. Not for TBI though, I was retired for Crohn's and PTSD. So in my opinion, I think that it would be a very long shot bud. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Good luck

I think the advice from Notorious Kelly offers the only chance you have of service connecting your injuries.

Your situation is a perfect example of why military personnel should always seek treatment for medical problems and also get copies of their SMRs prior to discharge. Sounds like your Sergeant was trying to cover his butt rather than looking out for the best interest of his subordinates. He would fit right in as a VA employee. JMO

Good luck to you and thank you for your service.