VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Status Has Changed

Rate this question

vet90

Question

Hello All

It's been a while since I've posted. I have a question for the experts or anyone for that matter. In reference to a claim for IU, What does, status has changed, 100% temporary due to hospitalization means? Original claim was submitted in 2007, I was not sc for any conditions at that time. Since then I have been sc with 50% being my overall rating. I've have BVA videoconference hearing on Aug 5, 2014 with a my VSO and a very nice female judge.

During hearing I was asked have I ever considered IU? My response was, "honestly Your Honor, I really do want to work, but realize I have medical conditions that may prevent me from working." She asked me if I was currently working, to which I replied, I volunteered at a community outreach, several days a week. But I had to stop because of my conditions. At that point she interrupted me and told my VSO to pursue IU. My VSO mentioned there was a claim started in April but was stopped so the BVA appeal could go forth. VSO also mentioned extraschedular rating. All of this talk between the judge and VSO was foreign language to me.

From my understanding, in order to get this benefit veteran it requires 21 days of hospitaization. Yes, I have been hospitalized earlier this year for depression. I know I stayed more than one week. Just not exactly sure if it was three.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It means that the VA is going to award you a Temporary 100% VA Money for a certain time period, atleast that is what I take from that statement. Good luck and keep us posted. God Bless

Probably temporary 100% for convalescence. This is is usually approved for 1 to 3 months after a veteran has surgery or immobilization of a joint with a cast for a service connected condition. Sometimes extensions are granted in 3 month increments if it is determined that a longer period of convalescence is required.

Veterans also qualify for temporary 100% if hospitalized for 21 days or more for service connected condition.

Good luck to you.