VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Exam

Rate this question

KADDR5

Question

I recently had an C&P exam at my local VA HOSPITAL for my back and Fibro. When the NP asked me about my back how far I can move I told her I had difficulties bending. I thought she would use a tool to measue me but she never did. Is this normal to not to use a tool? I had my ROM measured by a Chriprator a few weeks before that and it was allot worse then what she mesaured me at.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The only tool used by the NP during my C &P exam for peripheral neuropathy was an oversize Q-tip which the NP broke in half and she used the sharp end of the Q-tip to jab me in different parts of my lower extremities. She would jab me and ask "can you feel that?"

When I responded no, she replied "yep, you have neuropathy."

Compare my VA C & P exam to the exam performed by my non-VA neurologist who conducted EMG and nerve conduction studies on all of my extremities. My neurologist also conducted blood tests to try to determine the cause of my PN.

The only thorough VA C & P exam I ever had was an exam for hearing loss which was performed by a certified audiologist.

I hope you have good results with your claim.

I just had my C&P for my back and knees last tues and the Doc only measured my knees, as far as my back he just pushed on it til it hurt, then stopped.