Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Complete! What Does This Mean?

Rate this question

chuck57thSig

Question

My Ebennies just changed (and I mean within the last 10 minutes to Complete. I went to generate a letter and this is what came up:

VA Benefit Information Summary of benefit information You have one or more service-connected disabilities: Yes Your combined service-connected evaluation is: 70% Your current monthly award amount is: $0 The effective date of the last change to your current award was: September 24, 2014 You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because your case is scheduled for review on: August 01, 2019 You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on: August 01, 2019

Why would the "benefit amount say "$0"? Not finished updating, just incorrect, or something weird going on?

70% PTSD, 50% Migraines, 40% Fibromyalgia, 30% IBS, 10% Bilateral Tinnitus, SMC - ED

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

There are several places where updates need to be made before a percentage is finalized, and Ebenefits is one of the last of them. If you ran your letter "in the last ten minutes": then it is not up to date at all. I would wait for the official notification by mail, but also at least 24 hours before trying to run that letter again.

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

Congratulations Chuck57thSig!!!!

As best you can, relax and let the systems update. It can take about 24hrs to update. If the V.A. has your banking info, watch for deposits in the next few days. Check your online letters tomorrow, and if you still don't see a change in the letters, you can always call the 800 number tomorrow and try and get updated information then.

Again, Congratulations on your well deserved award!! When you call the 800 number or IRIS as it is called, you can ask and they should be able to tell you about your retro pay...amount, when it might hit your account...etc and any other question you may have.

All the best and Thank You for your service!!

Greg

I agree with above bud, you were granted SC at 70% rate. Just give Ebennies atleast until the end of the week. My claim in the last few minutes just went from Prep for Decision, to Pending Decision Approval, so I am in the same boat. Congrats again, and God Bless.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Thanks guys. I believe the $0 is correct. Back in 1992 I took SSB awarded under 10 U.S.C. 1174a. I believe the government is going to recoup that under M21-1MR, Part III, Subpart v, 4.B.8. This means that I won't actually draw a dime until the SSB is paid back in full.That could be several months. I had considered that possibility. I'm just glad I'm not IU right now or I'd be screwed.

Now it's time to put in my next claim, for Fibro. It's GW presumptive so shouldn't have a problem. By the time they get that claim done and add that percentage... I am still going to appointments for Gastro. If the give me a final diagnosis before that claim is done I'll add it, If not, That will be the claim after. By that time, recoupment should be paid in full, I'll be drawing a high percentage, file for IU and SSDI.

70% PTSD, 50% Migraines, 40% Fibromyalgia, 30% IBS, 10% Bilateral Tinnitus, SMC - ED