Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seizures And Sleep

Rate this question

WaterDawgFirst

Question

Greetings,

Recently I've been diagnosed with epilepsy. I was not born with epilepsy. I also now have some rem's problems occurring while I sleep or am having seizures.. waiting to get that sorted out. My diagnoses did not come from the VA. They denied it, even after I had a grand mal seizure. My psychologist at the VA is the one who found me an outside neurologist to figure out if I had seizures or not. Now I have to take part in a sleep study to figure out what the hell is going on. I also came home with some of those non-cancerous abnormal cells they have to cut out that they say was not their issue but they did it anyway. I guess my point is should I try for C&P for the seizures? I can't drive anymore and sometimes I'm down for days. I'm scared if I go back they might punish me and take my 70$% I use to live on since I just don't function right anymore. Any thoughts on if I could win this battle?

E4 Mafia - Never Get Caught Alone.

Welcome.

Did you have seizures or any symptoms of epilepsy during your military service?

Did you have any sleep disorder problems during your military service?

If you responded yes to the above questions, did you seek treatment for the above conditions while in service?

Was your treatment for any of the above conditions documented in your SMRs?

Do you have copies of your SMRs (Service Medical Records)?

In order to file a claim and receive a C & P exam for your medical condition(s), you must show a nexus or connection between the medical condition(s) and your military service.

• In Memoriam

WElcome to hadit Water dog. I use to love water dogs they were the best bait I ever used. You will not become bait here. If you are 70 percent now then you have done some work.

Hadit would like to know, without your personal information just what the VA is sayng about this. While hadit cannot gaurantee anything, hadit can help you work and get pro active in your claims. Good luck Waterdog and try to keep it cool.

Stretch

Just readin the mail

Excerpt from the 'Declaration of Independence'

We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity

Thanks for the help...

I did have symptoms of both seizures and sleep issues. They noted to the sleep issues however failed to note the seizure related issues. They wouldn't even release the medical records to the VA here from the BHU they sent me to while in service. These were all part of the reason I got the medical discharge. I haven't applied for TDUI - I get so afraid so mess with the government. They really did me in once.

I think that about covers it. Let me know if I can answer anything else. Sometimes I have trouble tracking.

Thanks for the help - much appreciated.

E4 Mafia - Never Get Caught Alone.