VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Normal?

Rate this topic

ssgtob1

Is it normal to have this statemnt on my AB8 if I am 100% non-PT:

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on:

• HadIt.com Elder

No, I don't think so. Why would you be reduced? Are you over 55? Have you been P&T for more than five years? I would get to the bottom of this via IRIS.

John he said he is non-P & T.

I think the letter is normal for a temporary 100% rating and and the five year date is the normal five (5) year reevaluation scheduled for temporary ratings. They will not reduce his rating as long as the reevaluation exam does not show any significant improvement. JMO

ssgtob1,

Continue to go for medical appointments and see your doctor on a regular basis. You want to create as much medical documentation as possible between now and your five (5) year reevaluation exam. This will show continuity of treatment and you can use the records to show your service connected conditions have remained the same or have gotten worse. If worse, you will have good evidence for future rate increase requests and possibly a request for P & T.

Just make sure you respond to any proposed reduction in rating notices and show up for future reevaluation exams. Take any medical documentation with you that supports your contention that your condition has not improved. Also, when it comes time, get the doctor who is familiar with your medical conditions to provide you with a letter stating your conditions are the same or have gotten worse and take this letter with you to the future reevaluation exam. JMO

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Sounds like the VA is trying to make it more clear who is or is not P&T. I just wish they stated it this clearly on award letters.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use