Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Demystifying Dds Response

Rate this question

Snake Eyes

Question

The other day, I called the DDS person who sent me SSDI development letters to ask about a statement on Social Security's Web site that they requested documentation from me (an "amended application"). She checked my file and said they had all they needed -- no "amended application" required.

I asked about the status of the claim and she said they were almost done with it -- "It has been sent to the doctor" was all she could (or would) say. When I asked how long it stayed with "the doctor" before a decision is finalized, she said, about two to three weeks.

Just to DEMYSTIFY her response, should I take it that if it were approved she would have simply said so? When I asked, she simply deferred to "the doctor" without any detail.

I've seen posts on other boards saying you should stay in touch with your DDS examiner as they will keep you up to speed on the status of your claim (and the contact gets your claim back in their consciousness).

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I was just approved yesterday and yesterday was the first time I talked to my DDS examiner and they had my file since August. Maybe the doctor refers to a DDS exam coming up? I had one last month which I think was what they needed to approve. If you where approved the regional office or national ssa office could tell you.

DDS can't tell you if you are approved or not that's what my examiner told me yesterday. She said after it leaves DDS there is a chance probably a slim one that the regional office disagrees with the DDS. She said the regional makes the final approval. I'd assume it's based on DDS recommendation though.