Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Question

Rate this question

usafhvac

Question

Disability Question? Hello I am looking for advice.My claim has been in since April of this year,I took two c&p exam Aug 19/20 2014...I have already received my copies of the c&p reports and they both show favored for all conditions.The drs noted in all reports that they reviewed record provided by va and myself.As of day 1Dec I am still in gathering evidence.Should I do an inquiry or just be patient or are there any other options please advise

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

usafhvac,

I can only speak about the RO that handled my claims which is the Atlanta RO. I have never been able to meet with anyone in person at my RO or even contact them by telephone. However, Mike may have had a different experience at his RO.

It is not unusual for the status of your claims to keep changing on ebenefits including going back to gathering evidence. It could change from gathering of evidence to preparation for notification the next day. Ebenefits will drive you crazy. Just continue to be patient.

If you haven't already done so, keep checking your AB8 letter in ebenefits which can be found under downloadable VA letters. Often your AB8 letter is the first place you can learn of a change in your rating status. Also, keep checking your direct deposit account for your retro deposit. I actually received my retro before I received my BBE.

Good luck to you.

Absolutely. Even though I had a NSO representing me I personally delivered everything to the RO. My RO reps were helpful and I think it helps them get a personal connection with you at the VARO. Maybe I was just lucky but my dad had the same experience when he went for an AO claim. He ran into his Veteran Service Rep at the Commissary.

If they see you in person it's a lot more easy to find a way to help (unless you can't control your anger).

Mike,

I am glad to find out some ROs will actually talk to veterans filing claims. I could drop things off with the Atlanta VA rep at the front desk at my RO but if I had a question, she required me to put it in writing and she advised she would turn it in for a response. The VSOs for DAV, AL, VVA, etc. at the ROs had some direct contact with the ROs and I could talk with their reps but I could not meet and talk with an actual employee of the VA about my claim status. You are fortunate to be able to talk with RO VA employees about your claims. JMO