VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Ptsd Exam Question

Rate this question

Romanocm

Question

Had my psych C&P today. Took about 4hrs. I was told to bring things in writing to help me remember. When I went in I was not aloud to look at them. She said if you have had trauma you dont need help in remembering. She kept asking me about my marraige and my relationship with my kids. I was on a CCATT team so I only saw the reprocussions of the most critical injuries. We flew over hazardous areas. I told her about my nightmares and flashbacks. I have panic attacks. I basically don't go anywhere accept for appts. She minimized everything Example I gave her. She kept asking me why I was having these memories and nightmares and panic attacks. She basically doesnt think I have PTSD. I am so frustrated and confused. Has any one else experienced this?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

It's a dart throw on what kind of examiner you draw. Also isn't fair how much weight can be given a C&P exam since it's kind of a kangaroo court where you appear without representation or even experience in what kind of game is going on - and it IS a game.

That being said - many have had what they felt to be awful C&Ps only to have positive results come after.

It might be good to replay the exam and write down what you feel is unfair and what key items you think weren't properly transmitted.

Compare this to the results of C&P when you are able to view them.

Chin up! :smile:

You need to read the 2010 PTSD regulations here:

Diagnosis by a VA MH professional and proof of stressor, either by falling under these regulations ( close proximity and fear of hostile activity) abnd/or CIB, CAR, PH on your DD 214 or proof of a stressor.

Stressors and Buddy statements info here: