VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help..going To Ro Wednesday

Rate this question

Cavman

Question

I need some advice. Hope I`m not being a pest. You guy`s do some great work and I do appreciate it.

Diagnosed 50% w/PTSD claim. I was sent IU form with decision letter. I appealed it immediately last month and sent a letter from myself explaining my reasons for appeal, letter from wife and a letter from my mother along with IU form. Wednesday I am hand carrying a letter from my doctor which is favorable to unemployability and the following new prescriptions I have been put on. (Lamictal 25mg, Klonofin & Cyclosenne 250mg) spelling may be wrong...Many of you have recommended hand carrying letters to RO to make sure they are placed in my file. Is this necessary? Also, where do I find info on the side effects of these drugs? Thanks sincerely for your help.

Once I`m done with this appeal I am thinking about appealing purple hearts and AO cancer denials. (If needed)

Cavman

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I need some advice. Hope I`m not being a pest. You guy`s do some great work and I do appreciate it.

Diagnosed 50% w/PTSD claim. I was sent IU form with decision letter. I appealed it immediately last month and sent a letter from myself explaining my reasons for appeal, letter from wife and a letter from my mother along with IU form. Wednesday I am hand carrying a letter from my doctor which is favorable to unemployability and the following new prescriptions I have been put on. (Lamictal 25mg, Klonofin & Cyclosenne 250mg) spelling may be wrong...Many of you have recommended hand carrying letters to RO to make sure they are placed in my file. Is this necessary? Also, where do I find info on the side effects of these drugs? Thanks sincerely for your help.

Once I`m done with this appeal I am thinking about appealing purple hearts and AO cancer denials. (If needed)

Cavman

Cavman.

Given the RO's tendency to lose/misplace paper, coming away from the RO with a date-stamped copy of what you submitted is very important. I also really read the evidence cited by the RO in a claim acknowledgement letter since they will often omit necessary evidence - even if they have it in hand! I then send a Statement listing the missing items (so they know that I know.)

To get the side effects of drugs, just take the bottle(s) and enter the drug name in any search engine and you'll pick up all sorts of side effect info. Look for similar side effects from different drugs you're taking and if you have any SEs, point out that there are 2 or 3 drugs you take that cause the SE.

Best of luck, old man!

Objee

webmd is pretty good too, one that someone here turned me on to. It's good for doing research on a lot of things. One thing I've found is to trust more on what you read outside of the VA system on meds, their effects and side effects. You would also benefit reviewing your disabilities and inquire as to secondary conditions. These too are ratable via VA claimed as such.

I did file secondary claims regarding ptsd of gerd/barrettes esophagus and insomnia. Forgot about the hiatel hernia, not sure if it would get anywhere. Thanks for your advice guys and gals.

Cavman