Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question About Percentage

Rate this question

Guest HolliGreen

Question

Guest HolliGreen

Hi all, does anyone know why a veteran rated at 90% is paid at the 100% rate? Calling the CDVA would be an excercise in futility, same with the VSO. Thank you. H.G.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Hi all, does anyone know why a veteran rated at 90% is paid at the 100% rate? Calling the CDVA would be an excercise in futility, same with the VSO. Thank you. H.G.

More information is required to answer your question. Is the 90% rating from one disability? What is the disability? Is the veteran considered unemployable?

Generally if a veteran reaches the 90% level on a schedular rating (by use of VA math the veterans disabilities add up to a TRUE 90% or greater disability not a rounded to 90% rating) the veteran can be moved to the 100% level. It would depend on what the disability/disabilities is/are and what was requested by the veteran or awarded by the VA.

TDIU is the term you are looking for. The Vet is 90% Sc and is paid at the 100 pecent rate based on individual unemployability.

Or as jstacy has just pointed out the vetran can be considered Totally Disabled based on Individual Unemployability (TDIU)

Guest rickb54

Holligreen,

My situtation:

back 60%

asthma 60%

COPD 30%

knee 10%

arthritis knee 10%

rhinitis 10%

tinnitis 10%

hemmoriods 10%

va math 90%

so they give me back 10% in the form of TDIU becasue someone feels guility.....for me not getting a straight 100%

• HadIt.com Elder

Someone tell me how the VA figures in the bilateral factor in the below listed disabilites

70% mental disorder

10% DMII

10%PN L. foot

10% PN R. foot

10% PN L. hand

10% PN R. hand.

The VA gave me 80% rating. Is that correct? Is there some website I can feed this percentages into and come up with an answer?