VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Decision & Claiams File Dispatch

Rate this question

philusmc

Question

After waiting 3 years in appeal, I finally had my C&Ps on Dec 4 and Dec 10 (neuropathy and PTSD).

Today I noticed on EBenefits that my appeal shows: Decision & Claims File Dispatch: This indicates that BVA mailed the decision to you (and your representative, if any) and transferred your case to another location. I spoke with BVA and they indicated my file had been sent back to the RO for the "authorization stage". I never got a letter from BVA.

I know all of this is a process where patience is required but just interested of anyone's experience with this stage in the process. semper fi phil (email me if you like at plhusmc@gmail.com)

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Do you have a vet rep? If so, have you called him/her?

DO you know when the BVA decision was made?

"I spoke with BVA and they indicated my file had been sent back to the RO for the "authorization stage"."

At least they didnt say "Remand" and it appears that BVA might have made an award.

It is so hard to speculate these days however.

Did you claim the neuropathy as secondary to an established SC disability?

I went back to your older posts and it does seem to indicate this would be an award for PTSD as well as the PN.

The C & P you had posted here for the PN states:

"IT IS AS LEAST AS LIKELY AS NOT (50/50 PROBABILITY) CAUSED BY OR A RESULT OF

Service Connected Diabetes."

Are you an incountry Vietnam veteran?

If so I assume the DMII is due to AO.

I think the general consensus here was that the PTSD C & P yoou had posted would be in the 10-30% rating range and you can always appeal that if you feel it is way to low.

THanks Berta for your well reasoned response. I was in country just in time for the TET in 1968 and left Feb 1969. I appreciate the VA and grateful for the service I get from them but I'm just a little suspicious as to whether the C&P folks really have the Vets interest at heart.