VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buddy Letter

Rate this question

Josephine

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

If this is the letter that she submitted to the VA for you-- it still lacks witnessing the drowning incident that was in the letter to President Bush.

To witness the drowning of another service person would be a valid stressor.

There would certainly be a record of it.

I believe that the VA will only accept proof of this incident as a valid stressor.

I feel that the drowning of another service woman would certainly have a very strong impact on anyone who knew her or served with her and I feel that the BVA highlighted this, because it was in your letter to President Bush, and could be proven as a valid stressor.

Could she send the VA another letter describing the drowning incident?

Is this incident mentioned as to the affect it had on you -when it occurred-in any counselling records that they have?

I regret that this is the only stressor that I think they will focus on because it is of such a nature as to have an impact on anyone who was there and/or knew this woman who drowned.

The BVA made a point of this incident and that too makes me feel this is the stressor they want proven.

It is hard to prove that the military was abusive. I think everyone here has gotten screamed at while in the mil-

and certainly some of the boot camp tactics in the 1960s bordered on definite physical abuse.

But the VA would not see these events as stressors without lots of proof.

They would find rape, or definite proof of physical trauma due to say getting beat up by a DI,and getting a broken arm etc,

or a bad auto accident on a base that would cause stressful memories long after service.

Or witnessing the death of a friend or at least someone in their same unit.

Maybe others will disagree with me and state why.

I have nothing else to suggest except to prove this incident somehow and surely the woman J could send another letter for you to VA to describe her being present too when this all happened.

The BVA wanted this confirmed -in the remand-because this incident meets the VA's criteria for a stressor.

This is my opinion only but I dont think the VA will accept anything else but the proof of this drowning as a stressor-in your case- as they wanted it to be confirmed if possible-as I understood the remand.