Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Seizure &/or Menieres Disease Claim Help

Rate this question

helman35

Question

I have been following Hadit for several months to gain knowledge for my claim. I have a questions and need guidance. In 1996 I had the American Legion help with a claim. I was not diagnosed but through the explanations of my ailments they Claimed Seizure Disorder. I was seen for a C&P exam in Biloxi which was not honestly an exam, but the Primary Care Physician and Neurologist I saw after the C&P Exam were treating for Seizure Disorder. What my symptoms were, loss of balance, dizzy spells, nausea and tinnitus. I was treated for about 4 or so years and just stopped going. I honestly did not know how or what the claim process was. I assumed since I was being treated the Claim was moving forward. I gave up. This year my brother who retired as a E-9 called me and asked me details about my claim. I believe he thought I received a Compensation. I told him I never heard from the American Legion or VA on a denial or approval. So he suggested I start a new claim, and maybe I didn't have Seizures but Meniere's Disease. I called the New Orleans RO to ask about my 1996 Claim and was told that I was denied and the denail was a generic code. The New Orleans RO started a claim for me an have listed these as the Disabilities Claimed.

Disabilities Claimed: HEAD INJURY W/ EQUILIBRIUM RESIDUALS; possible Meniere's Disease or Vertigo (New), RESPIRATORY CONDITION (New), BILATERAL ANKLE INJURY (New), SINUSITIS (New)

Since I felt I was misdiagnosed with Seizures vs Meniere's Disease, will the C&P Exam indicate this? Should I list Seizures as well as the Meniere's Disease? In my treatment records it shows I have the symptoms of Meniere's Disease, but they list them under my diagnosed Seizures. I always wondered why they were treating me for Seizures, honestly I thought hey they are Doctors maybe this is what is wrong with me although I never blacked out or had convulsions. Should I include Seizures on my Claim?

helman35

Edited by helman35