VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is It Possible To Get A Letter Of Decision On Only Part Of Your Claim?

Rate this question

Volstang

Question

My status went to "Notification of Decision" and said I had a letter of notification sent but then the VA called and scheduled a C&P for my sleep apnea and my status changed back to "Gathering of Evidence". Not sure if letter will be sent for result of other items on claim or if VA will hold that letter until my last C&P is done. Anyone have any idea about that?

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Yes, it is possible. In some cases this would be called a partial award and your sleep apnea was deffer for an examination. Then again it could be a 5103 request which is a request for information and evidence. The information and evidence that VA is looking for may be from you or the sleep apnea C & P exam. In some cases, you may not even get a letter just a letter for the C & P exam.

Edited by pete992

Thanks Pete! I sent results from sleep study done by a civilian doc along with other medical records fron my ENT and other evidence from Navy. VA called to notify me of C&P exam for sleep apnea and also told me to bring all my evidence regardless of whether or not I already sent it in. Be nice to know results of other items though! Just wasn't sure if VA would split the results or not. Appreciate the info!