Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Update Absurd 1151 Denial

Rate this question

Berta

Question

This will be an interesting day.

Due to 2 email responses I sent to the Director of my RO, this weekend she sent me an email stating she is sending my claims to the VA Central office for a medical opinion on the 1151 claim.

I don't know what they will do with the pending CUE claim at VACO . She said both were going to VACO..

Friday she emailed me that both claims had been denied. I only received the 1151 denial on Saturday and of course I got on that right away, asking them to CUE the decision and telling them why it is legally and medically wrong.

I also sent her a complete rundown from www.healthgrades on the VACO opinion I used as evidence fo the 1151 CUE (prepared for my FTCA case)

This cardiologist has 2 separate board certifications and an impeccable background in cardio, HBP, and all related cardiovascular illnesses.

So I already have a VA Central Opinion on the 1151 HBP issue..It was done for my FTCA case.

They listed it as evidence in the denial.

I think she ,the director of my RO, did this ,because yesterday I asked her to attach a copy of their 'medical' opinion in email to me because, as I told her, I would be contacting General Counsel today. The GC asked for the VACO opinion I have regarding my husband's HBP malpractice.

This specific VACO doctor still works at VA Central.and I emailed her complete healthgrade run down to the director yesterday. It is an impressive medical background.

This Am I asked her to email Ms Hickey about this idea she had ,to send it all to VACO, or I would,

prior to them sending my stuff to VA Central.

Does this make any sense at all? A VACO review on 2 denials that are less than a week old?

I know they buggered up the CUE claim already. I Cant wait until that denial gets here.

I guess it is easier for my RO to get this off their hands, ( so they think) than to actually honor basic VA case law and regulations as well as M21-1 MR....and actually read the evidence...

Has this happened to anyone else here?

Do we have any other Buffalo RO claimants here.?

Edited by Berta

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Double post. cant delete.....

sorry.....I am in high elevation and wind causes this by affecting my sattelite dish.

Berta, you deserve to rant and rave all you heck you want. Sorry to hear of your troubles. Just glad to see you have that wealth of knowledge to fire back as ammo