Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award Letter But Confusing Language?

Rate this question

artlouis

Question

Received my award letter 90% with explanations for each percent rating except for one.

Had my C & P exam back in January by MSLA,, a priviate clinc.

For peripheral artery disease (left & right) it says:

"The issue for compensation for peripheral disease, left lower extremity is deferred for

the following information: an addendum to the VA exam."

Anybody know it means?

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Received my award letter 90% with explanations for each percent rating except for one.

Had my C & P exam back in January by MSLA,, a priviate clinc.

For peripheral artery disease (left & right) it says:

"The issue for compensation for peripheral disease, left lower extremity is deferred for

the following information: an addendum to the VA exam."

Anybody know it means?

Thanks

VA is asking the Doctor to give you another C & P exam or asking the doctor for some type of information needed to help them come to a particular rating before they make a decision for your peripheral condition. You may not need another C & P exam if the doctor can give the information without out seeing you.

What that means is that for peripheral disease claim, the c&p exam you had for that is being returned to the examiner for an addendum on something that needs clarified in the exam report and will be finalized upon return of that addendum. This is good because most raters just simply deny without the clarification.Deferred means they still have not made a decision but plan to at a later date, usally after the exam report is returned to the varo. You must also hold their feet to the fire as they sometimes forget about deferred issues. Give it about 30 days before initiating an inquiry on this. JMHO.

If you mean PAD ( peripheral arterial disease)

and already have been rated for PN (Peripheral Neuropathy)

there are two separate ratable conditions.

Defered is always better than denied....

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Deferred usually is further development of a claim or osp (on site provider) opinion on what the examiner put down in the examination report. I have seen where they have deferred issues due to needing personnel records for issues like mental conditions, service treatment records for proof of treatment in service when a veteran has more than one periods of service. So a lot can play into why a deferral is needed. But like Berta said, its better than denied cause this means someone is doing their job correct by crossing every t and dotting every I. Good Luck....