Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I'm Not Sure What My Psych Dr. Is Trying To Do.

Rate this question

coastie72

Question

All of a sudden my Dr. wants me to have blood work and mentioned depression and Low T. My prescriber called to ask me about my Dr's URGENT request? I told him what I know and that he mentioned my fatigue, lack of energy and depression could be from Low T.

Is this some sort of attempt to discredit my MDD/PTSD rating. Sorry but I don't trust hardly anyone.

That is something else he gives me grief over and says he doesn't understand why I don't trust people?

He keeps threatening to put me in the hospital over suicidal tendencies, I do have them and sometimes strong.

However I tell the truth, my wife is the reason that won't happen. I'm struggling at work, but still working. If I could figure a

way I would retire tomorrow.

Has anyone ever had this test for issues like mine?

Worried as usual.

Coastie72

"Tests" are a tool the doc uses. They are not doing a good job if they dont use the tools, just like a carpenter would not be much good without his tools. "Tests" are a diagnostic tool.

Sometimes, they want to "rule out" things. You have indicated Suicidal ideations, and he is taking that seriously. He may want to know, for sure, if you are trying to hide some sort of drug addiction, that these tests may reveal. Or, they may reveal things like iron deficiencies, selenium deficiency, or, as you pointed out Low T. There are many other things the tests reveal, so be glad your doc ordered them.

Yes, I understand not trusting the doc, and not trusting VA. You are preaching to the choir, here. Still, remember, you dont want to be put in a group with, say, "all white people" because Charles Manson was white, so you must be a serial murderer also. So, give your doc the benefit of the doubt and let him treat you..until you know he is out trying to get you. Then change docs, if that happens. Worry never robs tommorrow of its sorrow, only today of its happiness.

Thank you all for you words of wisdom.........lotzaspotz you are right, "What you choose to exchange for your peace of mind is an important decision," and I am trying to work through all of that now. I am going to do whatever this Dr wants or suggests. I really don't have any choice I have to be here for my wife, I want to be here for my wife.

The only other thing I ask of those that will is to keep me in your prayers.

You will be in our prayers coastie.

Take care of yourself.

GP