Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Physical Portion Of Cp Complete, Behavioral Exam Next Week

Rate this question

16in

Question

Well, for starters the examiner eye balled every measurement taken. Im interested to see how that goes. My neck rom was an inch in every direction. Neither arm could extend over my head or above shoulder level, barely reached behind me back. DOD is only looking at cervical disc disease/spondylosis. Was unable to bend all the way down or in many direction. Not sure what my rom %s are. I did have my schedule from work and CC letter stating that I had missed 50% or more of work due to daily pain. Plantar facilitis, erectile dysfunction, both shoulders repaired, knee popping and locking, left foot in daily pain. Lower back spams,.

For my behavioral exam, I am worried about. When I say worried, I have been diagnosed with severe depression and anxiety. I have had insomnia for years. Guess Im just curious how it will go. I have no social life, no friends outside of my wife, and my marriage has been severely strained due to it. I choose not to go to work due to my social phobias and I just cant get out of my rut or funk of being around people My panic attacks are multiple each week. This is all in my medical records, which I printed out and brought with me. im just worried about what I should be saying and how much of that matters, I am active duty and I know I will be unfit. My depression has just changed the type of person that I am, I want to get back to being me. I just dont know how the hell I am going to be employed 4-5 months from now when I am separated or retired. I have over 16 years in and I'm terrorfied that I will not be able to work until I am better. Anyone have an idea of what to expect or what can help me?

I currently take anxiety pills, nerve pills, anti depressants and 8 percocets each day for pain.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Just go in there and be honest, that is all you need to do bud. Make sure that you don't dress fancy, or smell good. The VA loves to think that we are healed, if we shower or look presentable. Also when the Doc asks how are you, don't say fine, say I wish I didn't have to be here or nothing at all. Talk about your most recent bad day in details, and don't try to over talk the Doc. Good luck, God Bless and Keep us posted!!! I was medically retired from the Navy after 10 years at only 30 years old, I am 33 now. So it don't get any easier bud. Just worry about you and your family, and the rest will come.

So completed all of my exams. I wont have any answers yet(still active duty). The CP exam for "mental health" lasted merely 45 mins. I was rather perplexed and thought, wow this is uh...it? Really?

The physical exam went rather well, however my ROM was eyeballed yet the examiner had the needed measurement tools right on her desk.

16in:

I had my first ortho exam on my bad back where the measuremente were eye-balled and I was really disappointed that something like that could even happen? After having been treated in the Army for an Anti Tank Ditch Accident and Later a Tank Main Gun Explosion for almost 20 years and over 150 military doctors appts/interactions, I felt insulted? It was very clear that the examiner was not going to make the effort to review everything in my file because there was too much evidence? Later after she could see that I was unhappy at what had transpired, she said, "don't worry, the raters will actually look at your entire C-files and figure it out anyway? The other issue, was that I had read the "VA Examination Guide" first before I had my exams so I would know how the exam should be performed. Also, you can just "google" and download it off of the internet also. At least the good news is that I was able to do the same type of exam again at a later date and the ROM measuremetns where done closer to how the book explains it to be done. However, not having a proper ROM measurement and not understanding how painful motion and when to stop your motion (for measurement purposes) results in a lot of innacurate ROM Measurements that hurt Vets final ratings. I think some of it is training and others are being partly overworked...but it's just too important not to do it correctly the first time...and vets all deserve that.

Edited by rootbeer22