VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prostate Cancer

Rate this question

bigjim

Question

Going to morrow to see a VA dr on my prostat cancer AO ,, conectted,, they

have all my paper work exams biopisey etc from my private dr, so

what can i expect him to do or say, I think he is just going to verify what

my priviate MO is saying,, any suggestions or comments or what to expect

will be helpful..tks///bigjim

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I would have to say that with it being a presumptive AO disease and if the IMO is good that you're exactly right. The C & P doctor will look it over and sign off. I would however, if you have access, insure you take another copy of the IMO with you and insist it is included with the VA doctors opinion. You'll probably have a short series of standard questions as to where you were in-country and how much exposure you had to spray, damp foliage and dry foliage. I'm just really sorry to hear it has manifested itself and wish you the best.

Taking an IMO to a C & P is a GREAT idea!

My initial IMO was to go to the "C & P" doc-although it was not really a C & P-

and my vet rep promised me it would- but it never did-actually it involved two IMOs.

Maybe I should have mailed them to this VA doctor because the next IMO I got knocked her opinion completely down.

When Dr. Bash heard that I had a very brief opinion from a former VA doctor,that I got in email- he was quite delighted- as it supported his findings and he called the doc and got the opinion onto the doctor's letterhead. It took months for me to find this doctor and I had been misspelling his name-hard to read in the old med recs but finally I realised what his name was and found him. I have actually 3 IMOs.

It is often very difficult for a VA doctor to knock down a fully valid medical opinion from another doctor, who has expertise enough to render an opinion and who has studied the med recs well.

You dont need SMRs to reflect this disability as -for incountry Vietnam veterans-it is presumptive.

• HadIt.com Elder

"Prostrate Cancer, a presumptive AO disease, the VA will not give 100%."

This is not correct. I have Prostate Cancer & have 100%. Don't know where you get your info or if the VARO is screwing up, but you can get 100% for Prostate Cancer. Later probably be reduced & will include residuals of Prostate Cancer.

Everyone makes this such a hard claim, I don't get it. I sent DD-214 (shows Nam service), my doctor summary (list PC), copy of lab reports (6 of 12 positive for Prostate Cancer) & copy of rule covering Prostate Cancer. Got 100% in 22 days. Was already 100% for PTSD (TDIU) & the other 100% gave me a SMC "S" award of $278 a month.

Damn I get tired of talking about Cancer, but I want to assure vets that it can be done.

Just Venting,

Don Evans

"Prostrate Cancer, a presumptive AO disease, the VA will not give 100%."

This is not correct. I have Prostate Cancer & have 100%. Don't know where you get your info or if the VARO is screwing up, but you can get 100% for Prostate Cancer. Later probably be reduced & will include residuals of Prostate Cancer.

Everyone makes this such a hard claim, I don't get it. I sent DD-214 (shows Nam service), my doctor summary (list PC), copy of lab reports (6 of 12 positive for Prostate Cancer) & copy of rule covering Prostate Cancer. Got 100% in 22 days. Was already 100% for PTSD (TDIU) & the other 100% gave me a SMC "S" award of $278 a month.

Damn I get tired of talking about Cancer, but I want to assure vets that it can be done.

Just Venting,

Don Evans

my biopsy was 1 of 7, ok now if i be given a 100% will that affect my retirement pay or will this

addition to, my MO has not mention surgery or anything of the sort just wait and watch, so

from i can read, this 100% will only last 6 months or so..new subject i have two more claims pending

PTSD and bipolar which the va dr said was military connected gave me a gaf 35,, what does

all this mean to me, thanks for the reply//bigjim

• HadIt.com Elder

"my biopsy was 1 of 7, ok now if i be given a 100% will that affect my retirement pay or will this

addition to, my MO has not mention surgery or anything of the sort just wait and watch, so

from i can read, this 100% will only last 6 months or so..new subject i have two more claims pending

PTSD and bipolar which the va dr said was military connected gave me a gaf 35,, what does

all this mean to me, thanks for the reply//bigjim"

BigJim,

I know a vet that got connected with 1 positive biopsy. The retirement pay I don't know, You'll have to ask some retired vet. (CRSC is what you need to know about). Keep it only 6 month-I've heard all time lines on this. I'm over 6 months. PTSD & GAF of 35 (and not working) should get you 100%. Of course, nothing is sure with the VA. I'd push the PTSD & the Bipolar- I'm not too sure would help your claim.

For treatment I did 43 radiation treatment & good results. PSA from 4.18 to .32. VA sent us outside private hospital. Very positive experience for me.

Good luck.

Don Evans

"my biopsy was 1 of 7, ok now if i be given a 100% will that affect my retirement pay or will this

all this mean to me, thanks for the reply//bigjim"

BigJim,

I know a vet that got connected with 1 positive biopsy. The retirement pay I don't know, You'll have to ask some retired vet. (CRSC is what you need to know about). Keep it only 6 month-I've heard all time lines on this. I'm over 6 months. PTSD & GAF of 35 (and not working) should get you 100%. Of course, nothing is sure with the VA. I'd push the PTSD & the Bipolar- I'm not too sure would help your claim.

For treatment I did 43 radiation treatment & good results. PSA from 4.18 to .32. VA sent us outside private hospital. Very positive experience for me.

Good luck.

Don Evans

thank you for the info ///bigjim