• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gao Report Va "high Risk"

Rate this question

Berta

Question

VA "High Risk Programs"

In part:

"The Government Accountability Office placed the Veterans Affairs Department's healthcare system on a list of high-risk programs for 2015, saying at an April 29 Senate Veterans' Affairs Committee hearing that the agency needs to address inadequate oversight and ambiguous policies.

"Risks to the timeliness, costeffectiveness, quality and safety of veterans' healthcare, along with other persistent weaknesses GAO and others have identified in recent years, raised serious concerns about VA's management and oversight of its healthcare system," said GAO Healthcare Director Debra Draper at the hearing."

http://www.fiercegovernment.com/story/va-slammed-gao-and-ig-inability-effectively-oversee-veterans-healthcare-sys/2015-04-30

And is under HIGH RISK Article at Ben Krauses site today:

http://www.disabledveterans.org/2015/05/01/goa-declares-va-healthcare-high-risk/

I used past GAO report info for my letter the H VAC (and to the FBI) regarding Phoenix and need to read this new report .

The pdf is at the link above

Odd how the IG has been whipping out reports lately left and right.....and then this comes out today

I got so many IG reports in my email a few days ago I thought maybe they were duplicates but they weren't.

IG is only an inhouse investigative body of the VA.In some respects they do a lot of good.

But when they see any type of improper situation they usually just make recommendations.

They have no power to change the VA the ways it needs to be changed.

GAO however does not receive a paycheck from the VA.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Anyone interested can read my reply at Ben's blog ,link above, which includes part of the letter I sent to Chairman Jeff Miller, H VAC last year. This is a very strong statement from GAO., that unlike past GAO reports, might definitely cause VA to rethink

"oversight of its healthcare system" .

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

I always thought they should watch the va for giving out psychiatric drugs, with wrong diagnosis, they tried that with me many times, telling me my pain and suffering was in my head until the pancreatic cyst was so large it looked like a large object sticking out of my belly under my ribs.. the drugs felt like they would make you want to jump off of a building... all because they wanted to have me take something to shut me up... they should have an investigation for pushing sick patients off on head doctors because they screw up diagnosis...

Not in appeals, since I got 100%, and some of it was winning an 1151 negligence, which the VA turns out does not give ful benefits if you win 1151 negligence they squirm and legal loophhole you and your family out of many benefits, really crapp nasty bunch running the va benefits, they wil backstab and scre wyou even if you win you lose. May 2021.

01-01-11_My_Medical_Records2.jpg