Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help For A Battle

Rate this question

hulamatt

Question

I have an OIF battle buddy that is trying to work a claim that i would like ya'll help with please

Currently rated at

10percent right hip bursitis

50 percent for PTSD and

10percent for right knee patela

She was deployed to iraq And has over 20 years reserve time now she is struggling to make it due to her disabilities. She has chronic lower back pain, which makes it hard to sit longer than thirty minutes, she has bilateral hip and knee pain, she has heat rashes, chronic neck, IBS and acid relux all of which she never had before deployment.....she was exposed to burn pits and vehicles burning etc etc she has an LOD for hitting her head while on active duty in 2010 which she contributes the neck pain migraines nerve issues, occassional spasm and occasional hand paralysis, memory problems (short term), vertigo, And finally ptsd from deployment.... Has not held a job 2009 stayed till 2013 has 20 yrs in which includes active duty time

I don't know where to start with this other than the usual

Filled out SF180

Filled out TDIU

Filling out for increase and additional disabilities but dont know where to start as far as diagnostic codes

Any help would be appreciated

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

"she has an LOD for hitting her head while on active duty in 2010"

Was she unconscious for a while? In any event this could have been a TBI..hard to say. Not enough info here.

The diagnostic codes are about halfway down the VA SChedule of Ratings here under Adjudication.

It is possible that her knee, back, hip pains are all related but only a doctor can determine that.

Good , the SF 180 has been filled out.

She needs copy of her C file too and her VA med recs.

Does she receive SSDI? and if so is it for SC PTSD?

If the SSDI is Solely for,as you stated, what she gets SCfor now, this is excellent evidence of TDIU so make sure the VA is aware of those records.

It is either question "18 or 19 on the TDIU form but it helps to tell them specifically that she gets SSDI for the same SCs that are established.and rated.

"What would she be able to do with her c file and med recs?"

She really might not need them for this claim (TDIU) but the C file and medical records can be a very valuable asset to have.

In my C file I found a Peer Review medical report ,done when I filed FTCA agsainst them many years ago, that the VA said had "Never existed" like I was lying about it.

I had to win my case without it .

It was right at the bottom of my C file years later when I asked them for a C file copy.

Although it was dated 1995, I used it for my 2003 death claim, my AO IHD death claim, and I think for some other claim as well.

medical records....these can help prove ratings should be higher, can combat negative C & Ps if the record shows the examiner was wrong.and are critical to having ,for proving malpractice claims under 1151 and/or FTCA.

I know SSDI had a complete copy of her VA and any private medical records when they made their favorable decision for her..

Iwas wrong I think about saying Good for the SF 180 because I think these SMRs are still at her VARO if her above decision wasnt that long ago....or they could even be still at the SSA office that handled the SSDI award, if that too was not long ago.

I couldnt believe the stack on a dolly of all the SSA got for my husband prior to his death.

They had all of his Newark VA med recs as well as the ones here in NY...and Newark VAMC told me the "Never Existed" BS on those records as well when he tried to obtain them.