Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Information Would You Like About Gwi/gws?

Rate this question

VetlawUS

Question

A pretty large number of followers of the Veterans Law Blog have asked me to write more about Gulf War Syndrome/Gulf War Illness.

To make sure I get the most needed information to y'all, what do you most need to know about GWS/GWI claims or appeals?

I'll check in to this post, but you can also email me at support@veteranslawblog.org

Chris Attig | VeteransLawBlog.org

There is a PM system by clicking on the person's name. If you have those things digital, PM me and I can give you my email, that's the easiest. Even if my claim goes thru without issues, I was AD 20 years, I know a lot of people that could benefit from those now and / or when they finish their service, and I would love to have the info for my own knowledge as well.

I forgot completely about the water! My third deployment over there (2007), we were told to use that bottled water for brushing teeth, but before...? I was unaware they used it in cooking but not surprised at all. They were TCN's under contract. I could see how they would feel boiling would make it safe, not knowing. Besides, they had those "grown up" child soldier mercenaries from Uganda with the dead eyes as chow hall security at Balad / Camp Anaconda, etc., I wouldn't put anything passed them!

Hi Toxic can you send me Doc and Picyures to my email everything I have is useful and I have a GW exam on Aug 3 so I'm using any and everything to my advantage thanks and hope everything work out for you remember we have to keep fighting like the war if we quit the enemy win!

The following info is exactly what a highly regarded environmental V.A. Doctor who is also a Stanford Professor wrote in my medical records in 2016.

GULF WAR ILLNESS- Based on your description of your health issues and your exposures during your military service, your current symptoms and medical condition are consistent with, and meet the criteria for the VA case definition for Gulf War Illness/Syndrome. The VA case definition for Gulf War Syndrome is as follows: A medical condition affecting some veterans of the Gulf War, characterized by fatigue, headache, joint pain, skin rashes, nausea, dizziness, and respiratory disorders, and attributed to reactions to prophylactic drugs and vaccines, infectious diseases, or exposure to pesticides and other chemicals, radiation, and smoke from oil fires.

Maybe things are changing in the aspect of GWI. Also the Institute of Medicine and CDC recommended that the V.A. start recognizing the term Gulf War Illness and Sec. Mcdonald did an interview saying that................

"The IOM also recommended that we use the term “Gulf War illness” instead of CMI, but CMI appears so frequently in literature on the subject that we don’t want to abandon it completely just yet. We now prefer the term “Gulf War illness presenting as chronic multisymptom illness.” We expect that the terminology could change again as our understanding of the illness evolves"

The following is the link for the interview.if you want to read it completely.

http://www.blogs.va.gov/VAntage/22268/sec-mcdonald-answers-questions-from-the-national-gulf-war-resource-center/