VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disconnect Between E-Benefits And Actual Status

Rate this question

seejeremy

Question

Good afternoon everyone. E-benefits still lists my claim as Gathering of Evidence. However, via the webchat last week with a random VA person, they stated that the claim was in the Preparation for Decision phase. So I guess my question is, which one is correct, E-Benefits or the chat person? Is there a lengthy time gap between when a claim changes status and when that change is reflected in E-Benefits. This is an FDC disability claim that was filed in November 2013. C&P exams were completed in late March/early April this year, moving the claim from Preparation for Decision to GOE.

Thank you all for your help. This board helps keep the sanity in check!

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It's Hard to say...my Ebennies was pretty acurate when I filed, however I never talked to someone via chat. Sometimes Ebennies takes a couple of days to update. Be patient...but easier said then done...

#1 icon_share.pngseejeremy

The bottom line is that several DOD/VA/DFAS and host of other data systems that feed into "ebenifits" and as a result, it's only as accurate those systems that feed informaiton into it. It's notorious for not being accurate versus what the actual status of a claim may be at a particular time of the day or week? For instance, my claim has been in the Pending Decision Approval Stage for 7 weeks now and it's been driving me crazy - not knowing what is going on? I actually started to only look at it once a day due to the stress it was causing me? That said, I let my VSO go early in the process because they were not very responsive, reliable or knowlegable as a resource? However, although "ebenefits" is not even close to perfect, at least it's something that one can check to get some kind of status? So, I think the better way to look at ebenefits is just that of one of many resources that you can consult for status. So, when your add the capabilities of IRIS, Ebenefits, access to Compentent VSOs, and Chat Features, together as a resource, you can piece together a pretty good view of what your claims status is. Who knows, maybe someday it will live up to it's full potential and a Vet can go and get an up to the minute status of their disablity claims?

Edited by rootbeer22