Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Back Issues

Rate this question

jusus27360

Question

I hurt my lower back while in the military L5/5 an S1 Severe DDD Ive had three back surgeries an hanging in there as much as I can with the pain. Ive had an mri for cervical spine an now have DDD with a annular bulge in every disc, also have rupture disc in C5/C6 thats touching my spinal cord (moderate ddd) . My question is can I make a claim for this seeing how all of this was diagnosis in July 2014? Thanks for any input.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

You will need evidence of a nexus to your service as to the inservice injury that caused this

My neighbor uses my PC here from time to time. He doesn't post,and can only read the forums from time to time.

He had a back injury clearly documented in service ( in his SMRs)and finally claimed it when it interfered with his ability to continue working at the VA. Almost 2 decades or more had passed before he claimed the back problem, which had progressively gotten worse,went on FERS, and then got SSDI.

I dont know the status of his TDIU claim.

The most important piece of evidence he had was the inservice documentation in his SMRs., he was hospitalized and had MRI when it happened, and this was noted on his discharge certificate.

What do you get the 50% for, as this could be a secondary claim to whatever the 50% is for.

Are you able to work with this disability?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Thanks for responding, im not able to work. I was approved for ssi. Im at 60% an 40% is for my back an the rest is for several other things. I just know that now im having alot of pain with the rest of my back. Didnt know if I could put the two together. Once again thanks.

jusus,

I know your pain, tho mine is not as severe as yours. I am currently 40% for "low back pain", No SCD for DDD, sciatica, or muscle injuries. But I recently ordered a complete copy of all records pertaining to me via FOIA. So I have every intention of changing the status of the other contentions for my back.